So I try to disperse food with a vendor, but no one from the vendor will get food from my granary (I have wheat and cheese). I have a vendor that disperses olive oil and fleece, but for some reason the food won't. I was wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if it's glitch. Thanks for the help in advance!
- Are you stockpiling food? Unlikely to affect two goods at once, but its the traditional first question for distribution woes ;-)
- Did you change the agora setting to not get food?
- Is the agora fully staffed? The granary too?
- Which one is actually the problem, buying food or distributing it? Rightclick the agora to find out if it has stock, use the overlay maps to find your buyer and look what they're doing
- Is that granary really far away like half a map or so?
- Check the road connection between the two, buyers need a road so make sure there isn't a tile missing in a hard to spot place. Roadblocks are fine unless you block ALL the road tiles next to a building, that would stop that building from having road access and therefore workers.
If thats the first food this block gets it takes a while to stock all the houses, its even worse if the block ran out of food then gets some again. Just a few houses can completely empty the market, the next lot go without food until the buyer has returned to fill a few more. Once all pantrys are filled, that excessive demand slows down and you have a chance to actually see some food at the vendor for more than a second.
Should none of these questions serve as answers give some more info, like is that problem specific to one mission, or just this savegame, does food work in the tutorial.