It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm attempting to use a Thrustmaster 16000m joystick and the results are...interesting. I assumed that the input would be handled like Elite Dangerous; a smooth, progressive movement corresponding with the movement on the joystick. Instead the ship, regardless of how little or hard I move the joystick, results in the ship jerking in the direction I wish to move. This makes target acquisition all but impossible.

I have changed the deadzone and sensitivity settings to no avail. Does anyone know of any solutions to fix this problem (besides going back to a mouse - I'm already using that)?

Thanks.
Help from EGOSOFT-Forum (in German)
[url=]https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=403289[/url]
Oh wow, it even includes the throttle in the instructions! I'll give this a try! Thanks!

EDIT: Works like a charm! I changed a few bindings (I am coming off of Elite Dangerous so I would like my controls to be at least somewhat familiar) but the axis are working perfectly!
Post edited April 09, 2022 by Crazy_McGee
you expected the dev team to actually test their bullshit directions work with joysticks when they say to use it? clearly this is your fault... btw any tutorial in the game assumes you use the default key mapping which is the first thing changed by plugging a joystick in

the link will help but its a up hill battle to figure the game out