It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Please note, that your old save files won't be compatible with the newest update.

Additions

Added new level “The Priory”
Added new enemy “The Oppressor”
Added new weapon “The Slag Cannon”
Added new item “The Sigil of Flight”
Added SDL2 version of game client
Added a cumulative damage system to enemy pain states
Added option for screen flash when picking up items
Added refresh rate options
Added “Always Run” option
Added “Toggle Run” option

Bug Fixes

Fixed corrupted UVs on the Shotgun Shells, Invader arm blade and Heretic gibs that occur with recent nvidia drivers
Fixed bug that caused some Afflicted to become immortal, spam attacks and/or cause massive frame rate drops (RIP Jib)
Fixed speedy Stricken
Fixed bug that caused view tint to persist when loading a game after dying under water
Fixed items flying out of Coffers at incorrect angles

Weapon & Enemy Balance

Increased Coach Gun primary and secondary fire damage and changed secondary fire from hitscan to richochetting projectiles
Decreased Shotgun secondary fire damage
Increased Retcher impact damage, AOE damage and splash radius
Increased Fang Spitter primary and secondary fire damage
Enemy warp invulnerability frames decreased from 10 to 3
Reduced Executioner charge duration
Reduced Heretic chase duration
The Wretch’s spinning explosive head occurs less often

Misc

Improved weapon position and animations for “centered weapons” setting
Improved enemy pathing system
Optimized assets and compressed game files into archives
Increased the responsiveness of player movement
Improved Artifact menu mouse input
Changed lava to look more like lava and less like pizza
Changes some asset colors that were not within palette
Added prompt for F3 Load Menu
Removed feature that uninstalls the game when attempting to play on easy
Upon seeing the new content update was out, I dropped everything and began playing "The Priory."

I haven't gotten more than 25% of the way through it judging by the enemies killed percentage, but the level is absolutely massive and it's another great looking, great playing addition to the game. I found the very intricate level design worthy to sit up on the top shelf of genre greats.

I am really enjoying this game. I also appreciate the levels being accessible in any order. This makes the old saves becoming incompatible pretty much a non-issue for me.

All that being said, I wish they kept the shotgun secondary fire damage. I was having a lot of fun with that.
After the latest update, folder size shrinked from around 1gb to 374mb?

Nvm, just saw this "Optimized assets and compressed game files into archives"
Post edited May 28, 2020 by Rinsvind
Awesome! Always run and toggle run have been added! I was so hoping to see that.
I quite like the new level and weapon but I have 2 issues with them. For the weapon, there doesn't seem to be a way to rebind the key for it, which is by default 6.

For the level, there are ways to skip around the level with the blade that I thought were intended to be a secret but probably not since it completely screws up the enemy spawn. The buttresses on the left of the first gate can be climbed from the roof right next to them, from there it's easy enough to climb on the roof of the main structure and the whole level is open wide at this point.