It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Will the GOG version get the beta? I want to jump in... love ARPGs... but yeah....
Price increase: yea.
Beta: don't think so.
Post edited March 26, 2019 by Mirrorio
Mirrorio: Price increase: yea.
Indeed
Hello Steven,

Unfortunately, we can't support Wolcen on GOG anymore. However, I can propose you a Steam key to continue playing Wolcen with its most recent updates.

The game will stay available in its current Alpha state(0.5.0.5c) in your GOG library, but it won't be updated anymore with future updates.

In order to provide you with your Steam key, please reply to this mail with the following attachments:
- A readable screenshot of the email of your Wolcen purchase on GOG
- A readable photo of your ID

Upon reception, we will give you a Steam key so you can play Wolcen in its latest version and update it whith the most recent patches as soon as they are live.

Kind regards,

Jessica
Community Manager & Customer Support
Wolcen Studio

Note: Your attachments(ID+proof of purchase) will be destroyed as soon as the verification has been done. We will not keep these elements under any circumstances.
Bigs: Indeed

Hello Steven,

Unfortunately, we can't support Wolcen on GOG anymore. However, I can propose you a Steam key to continue playing Wolcen with its most recent updates.

The game will stay available in its current Alpha state(0.5.0.5c) in your GOG library, but it won't be updated anymore with future updates.

In order to provide you with your Steam key, please reply to this mail with the following attachments:
- A readable screenshot of the email of your Wolcen purchase on GOG
- A readable photo of your ID

Upon reception, we will give you a Steam key so you can play Wolcen in its latest version and update it whith the most recent patches as soon as they are live.

Kind regards,

Jessica
Community Manager & Customer Support
Wolcen Studio

Note: Your attachments(ID+proof of purchase) will be destroyed as soon as the verification has been done. We will not keep these elements under any circumstances.
Bigs:
Is this for real, or is this some kind of joke?
Post edited March 27, 2019 by Wishmaster777
Wishmaster777: Is this for real, or is this some kind of joke?
Legit - but private message Calistaen on Wolcen's Discord server or email Jessica (assuming the same person as in the Discord - is the Community Manager) - jessica@wolcengame.com if you doubt me or want to clarify for yourself
Wishmaster777: Is this for real, or is this some kind of joke?
Bigs: Legit - but private message Calistaen on Wolcen's Discord server or email Jessica (assuming the same person as in the Discord - is the Community Manager) - jessica@wolcengame.com if you doubt me or want to clarify for yourself
I have just joined their Discord channel. I will contact them. Thanks for the heads up. This is becoming criminal what they are doing. Good God...
Bigs: Indeed
Whoa.

Man, I... I just... that was a joke, I didn't thought that they'll fall that low O_O

Modern gamedev never ceases to surprise me... in unpleasant sort :(
Having checked my purchases on GOG my purchase dates back to 2016 meaning any emails I would have had regarding the purchase will have been on my old PC. Best I can do is the gog order number, price and payment method.

Have ties been cut with gog so completely that we have to be finding screenshots of years old emails rather than getting confirmation that we own the game?
MisterFibble: Having checked my purchases on GOG my purchase dates back to 2016 meaning any emails I would have had regarding the purchase will have been on my old PC. Best I can do is the gog order number, price and payment method.

Have ties been cut with gog so completely that we have to be finding screenshots of years old emails rather than getting confirmation that we own the game?
The game was removed from the store today. Contact the Gog support regarding the possible refund. Tell us in the comments what was their reply. I am currently waiting for their response regarding my refund request.
I put a post on the wolcen steam forum earlier today as the announcements section of discord all seemed to point to there for updates. So far nothing from anyone official. Didn't want to suddenly start asking in the discord as that might kick off a potential shitstorm preventing myself and the other gog backers from getting the answers we deserve, out of basic courtesy & decency if nothing else.

My thinking was that I'll give them a week to come forward and give their excuses for simply dropping the game here on gog without warning or explaination and I'll probably stick to that plan.

I am however also thinking that I'd probably be happier to take a refund than a steam key since that could be used to buy something like the new grim dawn expansion and simply putting the wolcen devs on my list of folk to never buy games from.
I've posted the question on their forum, discord and youtube. It would be really nice to get the answer in public, not a private conversations.
It seems pretty wrong they just forgot about GoG customers and didn't offer them anything before game was abandoned
this fault is not only from the devs, GOG got part of the fault
Stoliy: this fault is not only from the devs, GOG got part of the fault
Is that so? Why?
sinfulangel: I've posted the question on their forum, discord and youtube. It would be really nice to get the answer in public, not a private conversations.
It seems pretty wrong they just forgot about GoG customers and didn't offer them anything before game was abandoned
At least the Devs should NOW make a topic here for their GOG customers who bought the game.
They really give a sh.. on us!
Post edited March 29, 2019 by UnicoNoco
Stoliy: this fault is not only from the devs, GOG got part of the fault
the decision about discontinuing GOG version support was taken by devs, not the platform. The problem is that even though GOG could notify users on their own - GOG is not the authority who can offer any options except refunds. At the same time, devs as main decision makers could ask GOG to send notifications for all of the customrers offering to transfer licence to steam or any other supported service. But currently they did nothing, and as I understood from their silence they are not planning to bother about GOG customers at all. Just because they have their money already and no actual obligations. Only if you contact hem directly - someone probably will spend a minute to make you a great offer of steam key.
As I understood from previous topics, devs were not going to support GOG version since previous beta release, around half a year ago. So it's not a 'fresh' decision. And still there was no notification at all.
It occured to me today that one reason might be they didn't want to spend the time getting multiplayer working between steam and galaxy.

Hello games took a very long time getting multiplayer for NMS onto gog, which led to refunds being offered at gog's own expense. Wolcen devs may have decided to take the path of the team behind necropolis and simply ignore that multiplayer exists but went further to simply abandon the store entirely.

Regardless, to have done so without being upfront & open about it is a bad PR move and thats something which hurts smaller indie studios much more than it does those with publishers and financial clout behind them.