It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Silverhawk170485: I tried to install the patch but it sais that it can't be istalled, because BINW32.DLL is missing on my system. I'm running Win 7 64 bit. So is this installer maybe for 32 bit systems? Or why the hell is this DLL missing on my system?
Ovocean: In fact it's not a patch, it's a patched exe. Extract the exe and the Data folder to your install folder and launch the exe to start the game.
Aaaah Ok, thanks. :)
grviper: The question is, whether the modified exe is compatible with loaders or whaterver other useful hacks people use with Wiz 8.
Ovocean: I think it's up to the launchers and hacks to be compatible with the patch, not the other way around?
Yeah, but 1.2.6 patch is fan-made too, and it doesn't seem to be that well known outside the country of origin.
0k, I haven't tested any of these but I found some Wizardry 8 mods at least:

http://www.zimlab.com/wizardry/wiz8mods.htm
Post edited May 23, 2013 by Ion_Zone
grviper: Great... and the direct links to English 1.2.6 are dead.

HERE. This will be alive for one week only. http://wikisend.com/download/487200/Wiz8_v126_eng.zip
I hope someone grabs it and uploads more properly.

The readme is in Russian, I'll try and translate.
Fixed roll over of stat figures if they are buffed over 128 points.

Bugfixes
Fixed disappearance of character portraits in portrait editing/selection screen after intense work with them.
Fixed incorrect colour of "Alchemist created..." messages during rest.
Fixed crash if the game is started with NPC-RFS.
Fixed rotation of the female dragon portrait.

GUI:
Small char portraits in the inventory screen face the same direction they do on the main screen.

Gameplay:
Max resistances upped to 200.

Misc:
Removed the ad screen on game exit.
Thanks for the linkage.
Hello.

Sorry to resurrect this topic, but I am trying to install this patch (as well as wiz8fast).

When I launch the game, it asks me to login as an administrator. If I check that box in the Compatibility tab of the exe file, the game either does not launch, or crashes instantly. Wiz8fast works without any issue.

Did someone manage to make this patch work with the GoG version of this game, and if so how ?

Edit:

I ended up downloading the wrong patch from zimlab.com
You must not take the wizpatch2001_12_23_release patch, but the wiz8-v126-eng patch.

I'm putting it here instead of deleting my post, in case someone comes with the same issue.
Post edited November 27, 2022 by Kernog95
Kernog95: Hello.

Sorry to resurrect this topic, but I am trying to install this patch (as well as wiz8fast).

When I launch the game, it asks me to login as an administrator. If I check that box in the Compatibility tab of the exe file, the game either does not launch, or crashes instantly. Wiz8fast works without any issue.

Did someone manage to make this patch work with the GoG version of this game, and if so how ?

Edit:

I ended up downloading the wrong patch from zimlab.com
You must not take the wizpatch2001_12_23_release patch, but the wiz8-v126-eng patch.

I'm putting it here instead of deleting my post, in case someone comes with the same issue.
If the game runs with the 1.24 exe, which is afaik what GOG provides,
the 1.26 exe also should run ootb under the same conditions,
i.e. user rights and compatibility mode, in case check if these are equal.

If the game instantly crashes under 1.24 and 1.26,
i would suspect an incompatibility of the .bik videos with your system,
in case rename the folder [wizInstalldir]\data\flics to smth different, or move the files to a different folder.

_________
p.s.
good to see you got it running;)
Post edited November 27, 2022 by townltu