It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I used the DOS Box mapper to make WC 1+2 playable with my XBOX 360 controller, so I picked up WC4, which I remember loving.

I tried using a variety of things to no avail. (Pinnacle Game Profiler wasn't working either)...

Any Tips??? It's kind of unplayable for me right now, as even withe the controller in one hand and the other on the keyboard, it's completely not fun...
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
I had exactly the same problem, i get tired of the Xbox 360 drivers, it´s crap... i tried pinnacle, i tried Xpadder, every possible combo... and at the end i just bought a Logitech Gamepad and forget about the 360 one. The problem is mostly the way the game understand the CRAPPY axis drivers of the 360 gamepad, and pinnacle and Xpadder dont solve this even if you force to change the Axis, it gets in conflict.
Post edited June 13, 2012 by YaTEdiGo
Welp... I might try the PS3 controller, but right now, I've lost quite a bit of interest...
HandsomeHubby: I used the DOS Box mapper to make WC 1+2 playable with my XBOX 360 controller, so I picked up WC4, which I remember loving.

I tried using a variety of things to no avail. (Pinnacle Game Profiler wasn't working either)...

Any Tips??? It's kind of unplayable for me right now, as even withe the controller in one hand and the other on the keyboard, it's completely not fun...
So are you trying to map the Keyboard controls or the joystick controls to the gamepad for WC4?

Keep in mind that if you are mapping the joystick controls to the gamepad that you will need to make sure in WC4 that you go to the inflight options menu (alt+o) and make sure that you choose joystick as your controler and hit the save button before returning to combat.
HandsomeHubby: I used the DOS Box mapper to make WC 1+2 playable with my XBOX 360 controller, so I picked up WC4, which I remember loving.

awesomead: So are you trying to map the Keyboard controls or the joystick controls to the gamepad for WC4?

Keep in mind that if you are mapping the joystick controls to the gamepad that you will need to make sure in WC4 that you go to the inflight options menu (alt+o) and make sure that you choose joystick as your controler and hit the save button before returning to combat.
The Joystick controls "work" That's not the problem. The problem is how they're mapped, and that there's no remapping possible, because the Game grabs the Joystick at the hardware level, so, nothing works.

It's mapped so badly that it's completely unplayable. It's sad because through dropbox I got the 360 controller to make WC I & II to be pretty damn fun.
I hold the controller in one hand and use the keyboard for weapons. I have a pretty light Mad Catz controller so it's pretty easy. I imagine an official controller might cause cramps, but you could try it.