It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have the retail copy of Warlords Battlecry 1 and am trying to run the 1.01 patch (obtained from elsewhere on the internet as it appears the official game website has gone down), but I get an error about the software being incompatible with my version of Windows. I'm running a 64-bit copy of Windows 7 so it's possible this may be the issue but I know that it can run other 32-bit software.

Does anyone know how I can work around this? I've tried DOSBox and compatibility mode both to no avail.
This question / problem has been solved by roark.krossimage
It's probably problem running 16-bit installer on 64-bit os. Dosbox only helps if it's a dos program. The most comprehensive and reliable way is using Win6 XP mode by installing WinXP on Virtual PC. I can't really help you with that. Funny thing is it's probably easier on Linux as it has WINE.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/7161-63-game-windows
It's because the patch uses a 16 bit installer. If you can install the patch on a virtual machine or computer with a 32 bit operating system you should be able to just copy the patch files from that onto your 64 bit system. It's not ideal but it shouldn't cause any problems.
Thanks very much to you both for the answers. I remembered I had an old laptop with 32-bit vista on, installed WBC and all the patches there and then copied the entire game directory via USB stick back to my computer where the game runs fine. Mission accomplished!