It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In Galaxy it installs fine. I hit the "Play" button and nothing happens aside from the play button greying out, and after a few seconds going back to green.

Trying to run it directly gives me:

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022)

Doesn't matter if I try to run as Administrator, or any compatibility mode choice. I get that error every single time.

Any ideas?
This question / problem has been solved by Plokite_Wolfimage
analogline: In Galaxy it installs fine. I hit the "Play" button and nothing happens aside from the play button greying out, and after a few seconds going back to green.

Trying to run it directly gives me:

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022)

Doesn't matter if I try to run as Administrator, or any compatibility mode choice. I get that error every single time.

Any ideas?
Same problem for me, no idea why this is happening
Apparently it is caused by an access issue with a DLL file, but giving it access only gave me another error: The ordinal 2 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\WARHAMMER 40K - Rites of War\RoW.exe. No idea what to do from here. Reinstalling did nothing.
Well, at least I'm not the only one. I've got a regular support request in to them. Sounds like they borked up the package somehow, though.
For anyone who gets this problem, GOG support sent me to this article (which didn't show up when I searched before, fwiw).

https://gogsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003398269
This seems to be a common issue with certain games lately.

In the Control Panel (not Settings), go to Programs and Features -> Turn Windows features on and Off. Open the Legacy Components section and tick DirectPlay.
Plokite_Wolf: This seems to be a common issue with certain games lately.

In the Control Panel (not Settings), go to Programs and Features -> Turn Windows features on and Off. Open the Legacy Components section and tick DirectPlay.
It worked!

Thanks a bunch!
I'm having the same problem but DirectPlay is already enabled.

Turning it off and back on again didn't do anything.
Jackofhearts2005: I'm having the same problem but DirectPlay is already enabled.

Did you reboot after enabling it?
Jackofhearts2005: I'm having the same problem but DirectPlay is already enabled.

Plokite_Wolf: Did you reboot after enabling it?
Yes.
The direct play adjustment worked for me.

I don't have that entry under "Turn Windows features on and Off"

englerp: I don't have that entry under "Turn Windows features on and Off"
Which OS are you running?
englerp: I don't have that entry under "Turn Windows features on and Off"
Plokite_Wolf: Which OS are you running?
Windows 7 64 bit.
Plokite_Wolf: Which OS are you running?
englerp: Windows 7 64 bit.
Make sure you've installed DirectX 9.0c by these guidelines: http://cncnz.com/features/technical-support-help-guides/installing-directx-90c/