It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello all,

I haven't played too much of the game just yet (probably around 2-3 hours) but it was such a pleasant surprise that I'm considering getting the DLC - Heretek, so to add even more content.

But I'm wondering, as I'm not knowledgeable in Warhammer, if those addition are anything significant for a newcomer. Will I enjoy those if I like the base game or are they more interesting due to love of the license ? Unsure if I'm clear. I wouldn't ask people to give me an in-depth explanation as to what the DLC contains, but any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading!
Hope I won't spoil too much :)

In Heretek you do not fight the necrons but a bunch of rebels (kind of).
Before each mission you have 3 choices to do, which will change its setup.

The missions are quite hard, especially the 1st one. I won it thanks to luck and retried it several times (to try different approach) and did not manage it.
Maybe I did it too early. The other missions were ok (still harder than the base game). People complained the base game was a bit too easy, so they corrected that with the DLC.

Also it adds a new spec tree which is quite interesting.
Imarion: Hope I won't spoil too much :).
Aaw...Can't say I'm finding the base game easy so far but I'm bad at strategy and thinking so...

I hope the new skill tree's available from the start or way before the endgame at least :p

Well, thanks! It's still on sale right now, so I'll probably get it, even if I never finish those missions, the game's just fun enough to spend a few more bucks on it =)
The more you progress the easiest it gets.
I am not to thriled with the new techtree, avaible from the word go, but the armor is decent. Some interesting missions, wich do not count agnist the necron counter, but still provide rewards. The flavor text on some outstanding weapons suggest that the new gear alone is worth it.

The only mission that I had probblems on was the last one. I had 5 techpriests and high powered gear by that point, but the boss had 100 hp and came back to life the first time I killed him. There were 3 spots to collect 3 cogination points each, providing 9 cognition points per round. If the fighting had not been near one of them it would have been a 2v1 battle, as it is I had a third techpriest in range of his/her ranged weapons. It was a one sided battle, still it took a very long time to arive at the only possible outcome.
Post edited March 20, 2020 by Tikkia