It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Probably I should have just waited and sees if some bugs would pop out before downloading the new DLC and installing the new version, particularly considering that I run linux. But unfortunately I'm a bit addicted to the game (and an old time Eldar player), so I went on anyway.

At face value, everything seems fine from installation to game menu (all the dlc are there, etc, not given for granted if you are a linux gamer gladius); however the game does not sees any of my mods anymore:

- did you experience the same problem when going from version 1.06 to 1.07?
- did they change the folder where the mod should be stored (however saved games are properly recognized with the old folder structure)?
- did they opt for a new mod overhaul, e.g. all the old ones are not compatible with the new version of the game?
- did they decided that the game was too good when adding cosmetic mod like additional colours, red gun lasfire, too many voices, etc, so they have banned them?

Let me know,
Cheers,
aa
This question / problem has been solved by rex_butlerimage
"too many voices" is banned DRMed onto other platform, yes, it's no longer at NexusMods
Shame to modders
Post edited November 12, 2020 by ERISS
Well, actually you can still get a TMV version that is working with v1.06x, but that is not the point, starting with v1.07 I am not be able to see any mod, even tough they should be in the proper folder where they used to belong.

Is a problem with my setup/an intended feature/is there a workaround?

A bit off topic. ERISS, I think modders put effort and dedication to games, and sometimes they make such a fine work that one might wonder how it is possible to play the original product without. In general I would not cast shame on them. In particular here, IMHO the blame of having the mod hosted mostly on a specific website and making things more difficult (or a bureaucratic nightmare) for the others is primarily of the producers, and to a lesser extent of the hosting/selling platforms not having their customers benefit equal rights wrt others.

Cheers,
aa
DrFuzzy: - did they decided that the game was too good when adding cosmetic mod like additional colours, red gun lasfire, too many voices, etc, so they have banned them?
ERISS: "too many voices" is banned DRMed onto other platform, yes, it's no longer at NexusMods
Shame to modders
Am I reading your post wrong or are you saying that either the developer or publisher has deliberately broken support with user created mods just to 'ban' them from use?

If this is the case it will effect my decision to purchase Warhammer 40,000: Gladius.

Has there been an official statement from any of the companies involved?
SpellSword: Am I reading your post wrong or are you saying that either the developer or publisher has deliberately broken support with user created mods just to 'ban' them from use?

If this is the case it will effect my decision to purchase Warhammer 40,000: Gladius.

Has there been an official statement from any of the companies involved?
That's a pile of BS, stop spreading misinformation.
As for too many voices, it's author's decision to actually abide Steam Workshop EULA and not upload to other sources. It's his right, and according to him he's getting much more exposure on Steam anyway.
Source.
I'm having the same problem as the OP.

I did a fresh install of Gladius with the 1.7 update and Eldar DLC. Before now, my mods could be accessed in game by putting them in Documents/Proxy Studios/Gladius/Mods. However, after the 1.7 update, the game says that I don't have any mods when I go to activate them in game. Very frustrating. I wonder if there's some kind of work around. I'll send a note to the developer--I suggest others do so as well. They seem to pay a bit more attention to Steam customers and forums, but that shouldn't mean that they provide no support for GOG customers.
Hemaka: That's a pile of BS, stop spreading misinformation.
I'm not spreading misinformation, I'm asking questions based on the posts found in this thread.
Hemaka: It's his right, and according to him he's getting much more exposure on Steam anyway.
Source.
Thank you for the link, I just finished reading the steam thread you provided and it appears the Mod's author has decided that they will upload the mod to other sites as well after all.

Here is a quote from that Steam thread:

TOFFster [developer] 26 May @ 12:00pm
I have spoken to someone at Slitherine and they have confirmed it is okay so long as the EULA is adhered to in the alternate location. I'll upload an updated copy soon, but it won't be maintained as often as the Workshop copy.
So it looks like GOG users will be able to continue enjoying the "Too many voices" mod and it won't get locked behind Steam's DRM.
patches break mods because that is the way the game is made... mods have to be repacked each build change, that is standard rules of modding [even on Steam]
ussnorway: patches break mods because that is the way the game is made... mods have to be repacked each build change, that is standard rules of modding [even on Steam]
As far as I know, this does not happen for every build, I think they have broken mod compatibility only when switching to v1.05 (or was it v1.04?), i.e. when the decided to buff the steamworkshop support (there was a related note on the changelog).
rex_butler: I'm having the same problem as the OP.

I did a fresh install of Gladius with the 1.7 update and Eldar DLC. Before now, my mods could be accessed in game by putting them in Documents/Proxy Studios/Gladius/Mods. However, after the 1.7 update, the game says that I don't have any mods when I go to activate them in game. Very frustrating. I wonder if there's some kind of work around. I'll send a note to the developer--I suggest others do so as well. They seem to pay a bit more attention to Steam customers and forums, but that shouldn't mean that they provide no support for GOG customers.
thanks for confirming this; from the posted folder path, I guess you are on windows, making it not a linux-only problem: we might get a quicker solution if we start sending note to the developers as you suggest.
Post edited November 15, 2020 by DrFuzzy
SpellSword: it appears the Mod's author has decided that they will upload the mod to other sites as well after all;
so it looks like GOG users will be able to continue enjoying the "Too many voices" mod and it won't get locked behind Steam's DRM:
TOFFster [] 26 May
I'll upload an updated copy soon, but it won't be maintained as often
Thanks for the news and the modder!
Post edited November 16, 2020 by ERISS
The problem is solved with with v1.07.01, here is the relevant part in the changelog

v1.07.01 – 13 th November, 2020

[...]

Bug Fixes
[...]

• Fixed mods not loading up in non-Steam versions.

[...]

I have partially tested it (not started a game) and seems to be working

[edit] apparently I cannot mark my own reply as the solution, but I would consider the issue solved.
Post edited November 19, 2020 by DrFuzzy
Yep, it seems to be fixed. My mods are now appearing with patch 1.7.2.