It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

That is the question. Weather it is nobler to struggle with updates and abandoned software with no one with which to MP or simply go with the flow and enjoy my Warhammer experience to the fullest.

In all seriousness, given the track record on many games I have purchased here and the seeming complete lack of interest in this forum, I am more than mildly concerned about purchasing with GOG.

Edit: Hell, even the announcement page has virtually no traffic. Rapidly thinking I am answering my own question.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/preorder_warhammer_40k_gladius_relics_of_war_deluxe_b842c
Post edited June 29, 2018 by muttly13
muttly13: That is the question. Weather it is nobler to struggle with updates and abandoned software with no one with which to MP or simply go with the flow and enjoy my Warhammer experience to the fullest.

In all seriousness, given the track record on many games I have purchased here and the seeming complete lack of interest in this forum, I am more than mildly concerned about purchasing with GOG.

Edit: Hell, even the announcement page has virtually no traffic. Rapidly thinking I am answering my own question.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/preorder_warhammer_40k_gladius_relics_of_war_deluxe_b842c
I'd like to go for the GOG version but only if given assurances it will be updated frequently and be able to cross play with steam users.

Does anyone know what slitherines track record is like for updating their games on gog? Most their steam releases tend to be older titles, in a position where there will be no more updates. But with Gladius just launching, i don't really know what to expect so I too am veering more towards a steam purchase.

I hear that gog takes a smaller cut than Steam so if that is the case it's in their interest to sell more via GOG, and maybe give the forums here a bit of love.
Post edited July 04, 2018 by Vargas78
On the steam page it says cross platform mp. I'll be buying it on here.
well it isn't out yet... but i gog version
From a dev post on the steam forums for the game from just last week, crossplay is confirmed in.
Good news on crossplay, now its just will they update the DRM version for any length of time.
Well, they're already behind on patching unless you use Galaxy. Finally get 1.03 patch and everyone MP wise is on 1.04.
fluran22: everyone MP wise is on 1.04.
Thanks for the good news! Waiting for the patch at GOG. :)
fluran22: Well, they're already behind on patching unless you use Galaxy. Finally get 1.03 patch and everyone MP wise is on 1.04.
Yeah, this is what worries me. Not that a short delay is any big deal but track records have not been great.
Galaxy is at 1.05. Isn't it GoG's responsibility to provide the patches for people not using Galaxy?
I see that currently we've got in download section patches (as separate downloads) allowing to patch game from "initial" state up to 1.05... Which would be nice if it wasn't for the fact, that currect version is 1.06.

What is even more strange, in download section there is installer with game in 1.06 version, which is nice (1.06 has some major changes, e.g partially "disabling" simultanous turns in multiplayer (simultanous moves are allowed only for allianced players), I REALLY have hope that it will be continued and eventually we'll have possibility to completely turn-off simultanous turns.

There are some small delays in patches, but comparing to other games, situation seems to be relatively satisfactory. I wonder thought why there is unusual situation with 1.06 patch.
Can anyone confirm crossplay for Linux here? I noticed that the Linux version is not up to date and therefore it may not work with the Windows or Steam version. Anyone willing to test with me?