It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello,
does anyone know a way to increase the font size in menu texts or in mouseover text boxes?
Now the fonts are tiny with higher resolutions.

I found some tricks for editing font size in .fnt files, but those should be located in folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War - Master Collection\Engine\Locale\English\Data

but there is no 'Data' folder.
You must create it then.

Detailed info about font editing for the game here:

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/unofficial-patches-for-thief-and-other-pc-games.90431/post-7135413

Unfortunately, almost every resolution and scaling setting ("Display settings" in Win10) requires its own font values. So everyone has to tweak these on their own.
Post edited May 26, 2023 by Spekkio
There is lua/ini/dat file. Related to fonts but not font itself. Probably stored in sga archive (unpacjer reqyired). DXP or Engine should have empty Data folder. You can create manually. Both location will work.

Those file for fonts config are easily editable (after extract if required) by WordPad. As person above say - find brst digits for youself. About 1.4 multiplier increasing for Windows 125% ui scale set.

Try experiment first with dpi scaling options and fullscreen optimisation on exe file properties. Win10 sometimes able to solve such ui scale issues.

It is not for resolution. Not even for widescrren for original DoW. Issue caused by UI scale option in Windows. Oon 100% everyting ok. 150% cause a lot of issues with many programs.

There is 3rd partt apps. Im sure there is for that one too. DxWnd. Or maybe even sysinternal essentials tools from Microsoft themself.
You can play in 1366x768, it's always small but more readable.
The game is still beautifful, as it was made for such a small resolution.
Actually, I don't see much difference between 1920 and 1366.
I found Steam's discussion posts for Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Soulstorm:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/9450/discussions/0/792924952801763017/?l=greek&ctp=4

Robot-Rob's files for Soulstorm work when they are extracted to Dawn of War installation folder. I tried the 4K files, and the font is readable now.
Font size (and neede digits in their config file) depend on ingame resolution, windows ui scale, windows dpi scaling applied to exe, video driver scaling applied.
What if work for one person can be too large for another. Even on same ingame resolution.
I requested a refund for this game. i cannot play it at all with the font size the way it was - very disappointed.
ryanvkent: I requested a refund for this game. i cannot play it at all with the font size the way it was - very disappointed.
Then restore Windows UI scale to 100%. This feature always work messy for any programs since implemented 20 years ago. Just like many else WinXP features which one still there in Windows (while good features are removed).
ryanvkent: I requested a refund for this game. i cannot play it at all with the font size the way it was - very disappointed.
Why not just set it to a lower resolution? When the game came out it was not meant to be played in full HD or higher.
neumi5694: Why not just set it to a lower resolution? When the game came out it was not meant to be played in full HD or higher.
I did lower it, small difference, size still small. What bothers me the most, is the camera. I can not unzoom enough to see more of the battlefield! Camera still very close to ground…
ERISS: You can play in 1366x768, it's always small but more readable.
The game is still beautifful, as it was made for such a small resolution.
Actually, I don't see much difference between 1920 and 1366.
I changed it to 1400X1050. Don’t see much change. Plus, my screen area got smaller..
I used to play it in 800x600, which worked fine. I think 1280x1024 didn't work so well.
And of course you then need to zoom the picture to screen size through the drivers or - if it's being used - dgvoodoo2 or a similar wrapper.

Zooming out: That's just how it's designed.
Maybe some fan patches mods you to zoom out further, but I never looked for these.
Post edited December 18, 2023 by neumi5694
DOW 1 designed for 4:3 or 16:10. DOWDC/SS designed for 16:10. 16:10 was added in patches for DOW1(DOWWA).
Set 16:10 resolution or use Camera Zoom mod.

16:10 wont fix tiny font issues. Its Windows UI scaling side effect.

For camera FOV its not zoomed in but cut from upper side (game render it further in above out of 16:9 display).
Post edited December 20, 2023 by QWEEDDYZ