It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

While I fixed the issue that the game would crash after starting the first mission, now it is constantly lagging, making it unplayable. Is there any way to fix this?

EDIT: Resolved
Post edited May 20, 2020 by Plonkett
how?)
Yes, indeed, "how" can someone fix that occasional horrible lag would be interesting to know...

Edit : Tinkering with the delays values in the "GenericData.dat" file, inside the "Data" subfolder of the game, helps a lot with reducing unecessary animation lag. Choose a set of "Character/Vehicule/Looping Effects/Fire animation delay" values suitable for your rig - after (as usual) backing the original file - and then work from those with the in-game animation sliders. "200", which represents the default one for "Character animation" for example, gives good results on my PC when combined with a 80% level from the corresponding slider. But for "Looping Effects" and "Fire", I need to drop the "1000" defaults down to a much lower number - "400" works great for the general effects and "0", for fire, provided you don't judge the (rising fire) animation delay absolutely necessary, will get you completely rid of any lag whenever you're shooting a Flamer -... Tinker a bit and you should find something suitable fast enough and don't worry : it's completely risk-free.
Post edited September 14, 2021 by Zaephir-Moth
Zaephir-Moth: Yes, indeed, "how" can someone fix that occasional horrible lag would be interesting to know...

Edit : Tinkering with the delays values in the "GenericData.dat" file, inside the "Data" subfolder of the game, helps a lot with reducing unecessary animation lag. Choose a set of "Character/Vehicule/Looping Effects/Fire animation delay" values suitable for your rig - after (as usual) backing the original file - and then work from those with the in-game animation sliders. "200", which represents the default one for "Character animation" for example, gives good results on my PC when combined with a 80% level from the corresponding slider. But for "Looping Effects" and "Fire", I need to drop the "1000" defaults down to a much lower number - "400" works great for the general effects and "0", for fire, provided you don't judge the (rising fire) animation delay absolutely necessary, will get you completely rid of any lag whenever you're shooting a Flamer -... Tinker a bit and you should find something suitable fast enough and don't worry : it's completely risk-free.
Amazing tips! Waiting for those flame animations to finish was a pain!
Today a new update triggered for this game. It is the so called GOG dx1-7 configurable wrapper. Now it makes the game compatible with Win 10 and upwards. In the configurator I must select windowed to have the game functional but it will depend the computer.
So let the options as is and if it does not work tweak some options. the game now works smooth. It is a similar fix like the fan made wrapper previously mentioned in different topics. It still can work as a fine and valid alternative.

Now Final Liberation needs badly a similar update. The fan made wrapper also works relatively fine but an official update is always welcome.