It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hey, guys!

Patch time! A big one this time!

We've been silent for a long time now because we've been hard at work on porting Vaporum to Xbox One, PS4, and Switch. As that work is mostly done, we were able to put our attention back to the desktop version again.

Apart from smaller bugfixes that we found ourselves or that you guys reported to us, there is a whole host of optimizations and improvements going in with this patch.

For the game to work on the consoles at our expected standards, we had to dive deep under the hood and optimize lots of stuff. While some of these changes are specific to specific console targets, most are universal and will bring performance benefits to desktop targets as well. As a result, the game should perform better on any hardware, on any OS, and takes about 40% less space on your disk.

As always, we've been listening to all the feedback on our forums, and so we added new game options you guys asked for, and fixed issues you reported to us.

Here's the full list of changes:

- Added an option to toggle head bobbing while moving. Motion sickness no more!
- Added an option to toggle Stop Time Mode sounds.
- Added options to toggle audiovisual indicators when you're low on health.
- Added an option to set the type of your controller. This should fix, hopefully, all issues with controllers. If your controller doesn't work the way you'd expect, this setting will force the game to make the controller behave. :)
- Improved the performance when reapplying the same skill to the player over and over (acid pool and such effects).
- Improved the performance of the auto-map and the GUI overall.
- Improved the performance of animations, some visual effects, and post-processes.
- Improved culling to increase performance.
- Improved overall rendering performance.
- Reduced the disk space the game takes by about 40%.
- Fixed: Tooltips hide when you move items between containers and your inventory.
- Fixed the cursor misbehavior when the supersampling setting is not set to 1.0.
- Fixed a few issues in localization.
- Fixed: The button after the flame turret in L05 (The Riddle of Steel) can sometimes get you stuck, closing the door behind you, with no way to open the door again.
- Fixed: Some controllers may crash the game.
- Fixed: When you move into a hole in the Stop Time Mode, you don't fall. :D
- Fixed: Some "bloody" effects still show up when the Gore setting is set to off.
- Fixed: Shock Spider's light shines through walls.

As always, the Linux patch will be available a little later.

Enjoy! :)
Post edited February 19, 2019 by JaseMourne
THANK YOU #1 for an amazing game, #2 continuing to improve the game, and #3 for supporting GOG in a big way! This was my game of the year the year it came out... unbelievable experience... cannot wait for what you guys do next!
Just in time, was thinking about another run.
Hi,

I have purchased patch 12 from humblebundle in november, but I don't know what to do with it cause I'm using Linux Mint 19.1 and there is no way I can play that under Linux.

Can someone guide me to a version that runs under Mint 19.1 and also how to play games under Linux? I moved from Windows to Linux last year and I've heard that some games can be played under Linux, which is cool, but I don't know how to play them.

Anyway, I'm only asking how to play Vaporum, not all games in general, because when I click on the .exe file nothing happens, so I'm puzzled about what to do.

Hope someone can help. Cheers!

EDIT: also, I installed patch #12 in windows 7 as a VirtualBox guest OS, and even though my graphics card drivers are up-to-date the game still won't work. More specifically, it shows a black screen, even though the sounds are good.

My video card is GeForce GTX 660, I also have i3-4760 (3.7 GHZ) CPU, and 7.7 DDR3 RAM memory... if this it matters
Post edited March 13, 2019 by monere
monere: Hi,

I have purchased patch 12 from humblebundle in november, but I don't know what to do with it cause I'm using Linux Mint 19.1 and there is no way I can play that under Linux.

Can someone guide me to a version that runs under Mint 19.1 and also how to play games under Linux? I moved from Windows to Linux last year and I've heard that some games can be played under Linux, which is cool, but I don't know how to play them.

Anyway, I'm only asking how to play Vaporum, not all games in general, because when I click on the .exe file nothing happens, so I'm puzzled about what to do.

Hope someone can help. Cheers!

EDIT: also, I installed patch #12 in windows 7 as a VirtualBox guest OS, and even though my graphics card drivers are up-to-date the game still won't work. More specifically, it shows a black screen, even though the sounds are good.

My video card is GeForce GTX 660, I also have i3-4760 (3.7 GHZ) CPU, and 7.7 DDR3 RAM memory... if this it matters
There is a linux version of the game. Have you tried that?
Nope. I am fairly new to Linux and I'm still trying to figure out how it works. After 25 years of using Windows it's not easy :)

So, if you know where I can find the Linux version please tell! Also, I have only purchased the Windows version... I think (I don't even know how all these versions work to be honest).

Anyway, please give a link or something to the Linux version cause I wanna re-play Vaporum for like, the 30thiest or 40thiest time xD

Cheers mate!
monere: Nope. I am fairly new to Linux and I'm still trying to figure out how it works. After 25 years of using Windows it's not easy :)

So, if you know where I can find the Linux version please tell! Also, I have only purchased the Windows version... I think (I don't even know how all these versions work to be honest).

Anyway, please give a link or something to the Linux version cause I wanna re-play Vaporum for like, the 30thiest or 40thiest time xD

Cheers mate!
Hey, monere!

You should be able to purchase the Linux version of Vaporum here on GOG without any issues. They are sold separately, so even if you already own a Windows copy, that won't help much on Linux.

But, dude, wow, 30+ playthroughs?! Big thumbs up! :)
JaseMourne: Hey, monere!

You should be able to purchase the Linux version of Vaporum here on GOG without any issues. They are sold separately, so even if you already own a Windows copy, that won't help much on Linux.

Well, I can never get enough of knocking the faggot acid roaches from level 8 back into the pits using the warhammer, so yeah. I position myself for the knockback to push them into the pit and then I just save / reload the game until the knockback kicks in and I see fumium coming out of the pit xD .... Bloody roaches!
Post edited March 21, 2019 by monere
JaseMourne: Hey, monere!

monere: Well, I can never get enough of knocking the faggot acid roaches from level 8 back into the pits using the warhammer, so yeah. I position myself for the knockback to push them into the pit and then I just save / reload the game until the knockback kicks in and I see fumium coming out of the pit xD .... Bloody roaches!
Hahaha... You're not the only one with passionate hatred towards the poor mutants! I think it's quite universal.
Hi Jase,

I have Vaporum Build #359 (patch #12) and would like to upgrade to patch #14, but I don't know how. I am now playing the new exo-rig for the first time since I've purchased the game 2 years ago, but I obviously want to get the full experience, but I don't know how.

Can you please tell me?

Also, looking forward to getting my hands on Vaporum Lockdown... whenever it comes out...

Also, my Vaporum copy is for Windows, so I need patch #14 for Windows, as well.

Cheers!
monere: Hi Jase,

I have Vaporum Build #359 (patch #12) and would like to upgrade to patch #14, but I don't know how. I am now playing the new exo-rig for the first time since I've purchased the game 2 years ago, but I obviously want to get the full experience, but I don't know how.

Can you please tell me?

Also, looking forward to getting my hands on Vaporum Lockdown... whenever it comes out...

Also, my Vaporum copy is for Windows, so I need patch #14 for Windows, as well.

Cheers!
There are three ways how to do it. Either go to your account, find Vaporum and either download Patch #12 to Patch #14 file, and as sson as it is dowloaded click on the .exe file. Or Redownload the whole game and install it again, the main file is already at Patch #14. Or install Galaxy, which will detect your installed games, and it will give you an option to update all your GOG games to newest version.
The linux version should be in your library as well. In the little pop-up when you click on a title, just beneath the game's name there's a drop down beside "System:" where you can select windows, mac or linux, and it will change which installers are shown.
First of all, sorry for being late in my reply, but I have waited more than a month to get an answer from you guys and when I didn't receive it I assumed that I would never get it anymore :)

Secondly, I have purchase Vaporum on Humble Bundle and I am just downloading patch 14 right now, so all is good now.

What I'd like to ask, however, is if by installing patch 14 I will fuck up my current playthrough. I am now doing The Lirarian and I wouldn't want to lose this playthough when I install patch 14.

So, any recommendations on how to go about this?

Thanks, and good luck with finishing Lockdown. I'm looking forward to playing it :)

EDIT: nevermind! I have figured it out, and it works
Post edited July 10, 2020 by monere