It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JohnnyGui: Thanks for the clarification. However, if there's a vsync option ingame, then why did the developer implement a new "Smoothed 60 FPS max" feature next to that? This means this new feature probably fixes stutter that vsync isn't able to.
Nirth: VSync most likely caused a known issue, but a frame limiter doesn't affect tearing. VSync also always adds an input delay. MSI AfterBurner has a frame limiter that works for AMD and Nvidia cards in case you are interested to test it. I use Nvidia Inspector but it doesn't work with AMD.

JohnnyGui: The patch 1.05 is out for a while now (since December) and it still hasn't come to GOG. Could it be that the developer will ignore GOG regarding this patch?
Nirth: Possibly. If not enough people ask they will likely not bother at all especially since the fixes aren't necessary to play the game.
Just emailed this question to the developer. Now we wait..
Hi everyone,

sorry for the late replay. We are not planning to add 1.05 patch to the GOG version of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter since as you said, it does not really change a lot and is not necessary to play the game. Everything will be updated with the upcoming Unreal Engine 4 version of the game for both Steam and GOG. I hope that clears up the situation a bit.

Adrian Palma,
Support Manager,
The Astronauts
adrianpalma: Hi everyone,

sorry for the late replay. We are not planning to add 1.05 patch to the GOG version of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter since as you said, it does not really change a lot and is not necessary to play the game. Everything will be updated with the upcoming Unreal Engine 4 version of the game for both Steam and GOG. I hope that clears up the situation a bit.

Adrian Palma,
Support Manager,
The Astronauts
It does clear things up and it's very appreciative that it will come to GOG as well!
Post edited May 29, 2015 by Nirth
I would like very much to be able to play this game but can't . The picture and sound keeps jerking. I've tried what seems like everything and nothing has worked.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
cma
cma: I would like very much to be able to play this game but can't . The picture and sound keeps jerking. I've tried what seems like everything and nothing has worked.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
cma
What are your computer specs? Have you tried contacting the support?
cma: I would like very much to be able to play this game but can't . The picture and sound keeps jerking. I've tried what seems like everything and nothing has worked.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
cma
zeffyr: What are your computer specs? Have you tried contacting the support?
Hello Zeffyr,

Computer Specs: Win7
Processor: Intel(R) coreTM i5-2320 cpu @ 3Hz 3 Ghz
RAM 8 GB (7.90 G usable)
System Type: 64 bit Operating System
Monitor: LG E2251

My next step will be to contact 'support.'

Thanks for your help.
cma
cma: Hello Zeffyr,

Computer Specs: Win7
Processor: Intel(R) coreTM i5-2320 cpu @ 3Hz 3 Ghz
RAM 8 GB (7.90 G usable)
System Type: 64 bit Operating System
Monitor: LG E2251

My next step will be to contact 'support.'

Thanks for your help.
cma
And what graphics card are you using?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
cma
Hi Zeffyr,

I don't see my previous post so I'll assume I hit 'cancel' instead of 'post my message.'

I'm running Win7 with Intel i5- 2320 cpu @ 3.00 GHz
RAM is 8.00 GB with 7.90 useable and 64 bit Operating System.
Monitor is LGE 2251 Analog.

My next step is to contact support.

Again, thanks for your help.
cma