It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi guys,

I know GOG have promised to refund the difference, but straight out the gate, this new game I'm interested in costs about 4 dollars more in my currency than it should (when converted from EUR to USD based on today's exchange.)

How often are prices going to be checked, and is the difference refund automatic, or do I have to query it every time?
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
It's not technically a refund (well I guess that depends on one's definition of a refund). As the store page clearly states, you get store credit, which acts as a discount to future purchases.

See the attached screenshot.
Attachments:
Ah, okay - at least it's mentioned there.

I still prefer the idea of dollar pricing though.
pnag: Ah, okay - at least it's mentioned there.

If you want prices in dollars, change your currency to dollar - see pic.
Attachments:
currency.png (14 Kb)

triock: If you want prices in dollars, change your currency to dollar - see pic.
Then Ethan Carter is $24.99 for me instead of $19.99 for US citizens for example. So how does changing the currency help? The price depends on your IP, i.e. your country, that's the regional pricing GOG introduced...
But I suppose you know that and just wanted to point out how to simply have prices in dollars displayed :)

By the way, I purchased the GOG version through Humble Widget on the dev's site, how can I now find my store credit of €3.80 that I'm supposed to be getting because of the regional pricing for the game?
Post edited September 27, 2014 by Sakiko
I asked the devs why they use regional pricing and told them that I will not buy there game if they don't explain themselves or reconsider their decision. I suggest we should all do the same so the devs realize that this is the way to stop customerst to buy there games.

Write them here what you think about this creedy behaviour:

http://www.theastronauts.com/#contact-us

(So far I have not received an answer but I will not buy the game before that)

Hey devs: remember that there are ways you can get games for free! It may not be legal but I consider your behaviour the same! This does not mean that I pirate games it only means that there are still people who does so and these people are becoming more and more with the thinking of regional unfair pricing - think about it!).

triock: If you want prices in dollars, change your currency to dollar - see pic.
It's not the same. If you are from a different country you will not see the same dollar price as if you were from US. The only difference you get when changing the currency IS the currency. You will still pay more US$ as you would in the US and that is plain unfair!
Post edited September 27, 2014 by MarkoH01
Sakiko: snip
MarkoH01: snip
Guys, I never said that the price will be the same, only that you can still have it in dollars. Nothing we can do about regional pricing, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

to Sakiko: you'll get the store credit only if you buy directly on GOG. Remember, buying the GOG version IS NOT the same as buying on GOG.
Post edited September 27, 2014 by triock
MarkoH01: snip
triock: Guys, I never said that the price will be the same, only that you can still have it in dollars. Nothing we can do about regional pricing, if you don't like it, don't buy it.
And that is exactly what I will do (not buying it). In my opinion everybody who buys this game rewards the devs/publishers for thinking that they can get as much money they like from different people no matter if this has a valid reason or not. If this won't be on sale (with a very low price) I won't buy and I wish the devs all bad for their decision to rip off potential customers - it's simply not ethical!
Post edited September 27, 2014 by MarkoH01
triock: Guys, I never said that the price will be the same, only that you can still have it in dollars. Nothing we can do about regional pricing, if you don't like it, don't buy it.
I figured that you knew all that, that's why I added in my post:
Sakiko: "But I suppose you know that [about the regional pricing] and just wanted to point out how to simply have prices in dollars displayed :) "
^_~
triock: to Sakiko: you'll get the store credit only if you buy directly on GOG. Remember, buying the GOG version IS NOT the same as buying on GOG.
Whaaaat? Oh no... I didn't know that... now I feel pranked!

I wanted to support the developers more by buying it via the Humble Widget (at least that's what I read somewhere, that the devs get more money when buying from their sites), but when it's like this and I don't get the fair price packaging... then I guess that was the first and last time I bought a game that way.
Back to directly buying on GOG it is for me then...
Post edited September 27, 2014 by Sakiko