It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For some reason the AoR 2015 1.3 launcher keeps forgetting my difficulty settings (they don't even stick for the current play session, and when I start the launcher again everything has reset).
Among other things it sets the player "Damage Resistance" stat to 0.0, which seems to make me completely invincible...but other values get messed up as well (almost all are being set to either 1.0 or 0.0).

I'm pretty sure it's installed correctly, and it launches and runs fine apart from this problem.

I am running both launcher and game in administrator mode (Win7 64bit).

Help? :(
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Virus scanners have been known to mess with the Age of Redemption app even on my end. If the app is ever put into "Sandbox" mode by an antivirus then that could cause it to no longer be able to access the config file properly. I stopped using Avast because it kept putting my own programs I develop in sandbox mode and not even giving me the option to turn that mode off.
Javokis: Virus scanners have been known to mess with the Age of Redemption app even on my end. If the app is ever put into "Sandbox" mode by an antivirus then that could cause it to no longer be able to access the config file properly. I stopped using Avast because it kept putting my own programs I develop in sandbox mode and not even giving me the option to turn that mode off.
Thanks for the reply, that was quick! I do use Avast, so maybe that's it :/ This PC just runs the free version, which I think doesn't feature sandboxing?

Turned off Avast and uninstalled/reinstalled/launched AoR -- now I get an unhandled exception when I start the launcher application, which I don't *think* I got before, though it stops showing up the next launch after I click "continue" on the error dialogue, so maybe I just forgot about it... it still can't remember its settings, in any case.

"The value 5 for Value is invalid. Value should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum.'
Parameter Name: Value" (or something to that effect, I'm translating from German)

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Der Wert 5 ist für Value ungültig. Value sollte zwischen 'Minimum' und 'Maximum' liegen.
Parametername: Value
bei System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
bei Age_Of_Redemption_Config.AoRConfig.AoRConfig_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Post edited July 28, 2015 by LargeBarge
Yes. The free version of Avast does do sandbox and tends to do it without telling you. You may want to reinstall .Net Framework 3.5 as well. You may also want to use Advanced System Care to repair your registry because Avast likely fowled up your computer now.
Javokis: Yes. The free version of Avast does do sandbox and tends to do it without telling you. You may want to reinstall .Net Framework 3.5 as well. You may also want to use Advanced System Care to repair your registry because Avast likely fowled up your computer now.
Thanks, I'll go do that then! Very annoying XD
Javokis: Virus scanners have been known to mess with the Age of Redemption app even on my end. If the app is ever put into "Sandbox" mode by an antivirus then that could cause it to no longer be able to access the config file properly. I stopped using Avast because it kept putting my own programs I develop in sandbox mode and not even giving me the option to turn that mode off.
LargeBarge: Thanks for the reply, that was quick! I do use Avast, so maybe that's it :/ This PC just runs the free version, which I think doesn't feature sandboxing?

Turned off Avast and uninstalled/reinstalled/launched AoR -- now I get an unhandled exception when I start the launcher application, which I don't *think* I got before, though it stops showing up the next launch after I click "continue" on the error dialogue, so maybe I just forgot about it... it still can't remember its settings, in any case.

"The value 5 for Value is invalid. Value should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum.'
Parameter Name: Value" (or something to that effect, I'm translating from German)

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Der Wert 5 ist für Value ungültig. Value sollte zwischen 'Minimum' und 'Maximum' liegen.
Parametername: Value
bei System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
bei Age_Of_Redemption_Config.AoRConfig.AoRConfig_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Sorry to revive a post so old, but this is happening to me to. I also have a related bug with the bloodcost.
Basically, I "almost" can't alter the bloodcost of my party at all. If I set over 1,00, it just stays at x1. If I set it below 1,00, however, all of my disciplines become completely free, blood-wise. Any other option seems to work just fine... apparently.
The strangest part is that I don't have nor I had any virus scanner, at all.
If you are using 1,00 rather than 1.00 then that's likely why it errors. You can use the up/down arrows to adjust the value too. Also note that there are now two different versions of the mod's config app. The legacy version which uses .NET 3.5 for support with win XP users and then there's the new one with .NET 4.5 support for later OS'es. I have yet to get any further reports from the community from the .NET 4.5 version on whether it helped with the issue of sandbox mode on anti-viruses. I'm assuming that no news was good news.
Javokis: If you are using 1,00 rather than 1.00 then that's likely why it errors. You can use the up/down arrows to adjust the value too. Also note that there are now two different versions of the mod's config app. The legacy version which uses .NET 3.5 for support with win XP users and then there's the new one with .NET 4.5 support for later OS'es. I have yet to get any further reports from the community from the .NET 4.5 version on whether it helped with the issue of sandbox mode on anti-viruses. I'm assuming that no news was good news.
What do you mean with "1.00 rather than 1.00"? The game version, the mod version, or the config app version?
I'm using Windows 7, and the latest AoR release. My game version (bought on GOG) it's 1.10, I think. My .NET framework is 4.5, too.
1,00 is not 1.00... notice the comma? When you posted the number 1,00 in a previous post, it made me think you were trying to type that into the numeric input box. 1,00 is not a numeric value. 1.00 is.
Javokis: 1,00 is not 1.00... notice the comma? When you posted the number 1,00 in a previous post, it made me think you were trying to type that into the numeric input box. 1,00 is not a numeric value. 1.00 is.
This is... interesting.
Because in fact I CAN'T put a period in the input box, only a comma. If I try to put a period, it "auto-corrects it" to a comma.
I made some more try and error. Turns out I CAN alter the blood cost! But only if I input an integer... which is pretty absurd, but now I understand. Anything below 1 gets rounded to 0, that's why my discipline cost has dropped to 0 (30 BP x 0 = 0). Now my only problem is that I have no idea how to fix it.

PS: I kept playing vanilla VtMR and I reached London. Then I noticed: AoR is using the modern times GUI even in the Dark Ages. Is this normal? :S
The GUI AoR uses is the modern GUI. There is a technical reason why. This is because the entire campaign was combined together into one NSC file [vanilla game uses separate .nsc files for each chapter]. The NSC files are what controls the modern GUI effect on/off flag. So I just happened to pick the rugged look of the modern GUI.

As for the issue with the input boxes, you could just use the Difficulty Preset options, but it's really weird what's going on with not being able to input a period.
Javokis: The GUI AoR uses is the modern GUI. There is a technical reason why. This is because the entire campaign was combined together into one NSC file [vanilla game uses separate .nsc files for each chapter]. The NSC files are what controls the modern GUI effect on/off flag. So I just happened to pick the rugged look of the modern GUI.

As for the issue with the input boxes, you could just use the Difficulty Preset options, but it's really weird what's going on with not being able to input a period.
Maybe try it with another keyboard?
Javokis: The GUI AoR uses is the modern GUI. There is a technical reason why. This is because the entire campaign was combined together into one NSC file [vanilla game uses separate .nsc files for each chapter]. The NSC files are what controls the modern GUI effect on/off flag. So I just happened to pick the rugged look of the modern GUI.

I see. The difficulty preset didn't help, it rounded my blood cost to 0 again. I CAN input a period, but the config tool autocorrects it to a comma, and then it gets rounded. Seems like a .NET problem. Is there any way to run the AoR mod without going through the config app?