It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Get it here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-unofficial-patch
The basic version of the patch is also now part of the GOG release!

v11.1 14.04.2022
-----
+Restored film canister, blood vial and video tape, thanks Norrwin.
+Fixed encounter in Chinatown and spawning vampire at Hallowbrook.
+Made dumpsters hollow and fixed many more physics, thanks Norrwin.
+Modified alarm clock time and moved stealth book from 507 to 505.
+Moved burning barrel at Hallowbrook and fixed linked temple doors.
+Added final quest logs for Royal Flush and removed it from basic.
+Removed game sounds from Ground Zero and fixed Vesuvius lap dance.
+Disabled Strike and Beetle cast animations against supernaturals.
+Restored hanging corpse to Kanker's sewer, thanks to EntenSchreck.
+Made sewers water green and added way out of a warrens lair pond.
+Modified King's Way to be more consistent between video and level.
+Restored Trip's quest bonus weapon and changed Larry's to an Uzi.
Disabled Disciplines when entering the Gallery to avoid particles.
Added fire to observatory map mountain when it should be visible.
Prevented bug if Malkavians speak with the TV when Jack is around.
Replaced not damaging barrel fires in warrens with normal lights.
Fixed floors at Leopold Society and Venture Tower, thanks Norrwin.
Made drug box sellable in basic and beachhouse guard thug attack.
Fixed bounding boxes for long boxes in warehouse and Society maps.
Improved Dane whale scene and the sewer map icon, thanks Norrwin.
Fixed VV, Tung, Phil, Romero, Prince, Knox, Cal and Ash dialogues.
Prevented conversations continuing after disruption on some maps.
Repaired minor Kamikaze Zen, Hollywood hub and warrens map issues.
Fixed some temple container lids clipping into walls or sleepers.
Removed sick bum spawner once the plague bearers have been killed.
Reverted a Sin Bin password and fixed warrens flow control issue.
Fixed Samantha staying if you stopped her early with a discipline.
Corrected SDK script to edit models with Blender, thanks DDLullu.
Repaired sound of Mitnick typing and wrong Russian lines of Boris.
Fixed Nines appearing early in intro for Nosferatu and taxi clip.
Post edited April 20, 2022 by wesp5
wesp5: The basic version of the patch is also now part of the GOG release!
What do you mean by "basic version"? Is the unofficial patch included with the GOG release missing any content?
wesp5: The basic version of the patch is also now part of the GOG release!
racofer: What do you mean by "basic version"? Is the unofficial patch included with the GOG release missing any content?
There are two "official" versions of the unnofficial patch, the Basic and the Plus version. The Basic version is engine fixes and bugfixes only, It is intended to fix the game without change the original content and gameplay too much. the Plus version adds new quests, graphics, unfinished restored content as well, etc...

the GOG version comes bundled with the Basic version as the main game and the Original (Legacy) as an extra alternative.
racofer: What do you mean by "basic version"? Is the unofficial patch included with the GOG release missing any content?
Gudadantza: There are two "official" versions of the unnofficial patch, the Basic and the Plus version. The Basic version is engine fixes and bugfixes only, It is intended to fix the game without change the original content and gameplay too much. the Plus version adds new quests, graphics, unfinished restored content as well, etc...

the GOG version comes bundled with the Basic version as the main game and the Original (Legacy) as an extra alternative.
Thanks. Now that you mention it I recall this being an option during installation of the patch. It has been many years since I last played VTMB.
wesp5: Get it here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-unofficial-patch
The basic version of the patch is also now part of the GOG release!

v11.1 31.03.2022
-----
+Restored film canister, blood vial and video tape, thanks Norrwin.
+Fixed encounter in Chinatown and spawning vampire at Hallowbrook.
+Made dumpsters hollow and fixed many more physics, thanks Norrwin.
+Moved burning barrel at Hallowbrook and fixed temple linked door.
+Modified alarm clock time and moved computer book from 507 to 505.
+Added final quest logs for Royal Flush and removed it from basic.
+Removed game sounds from Ground Zero and fixed Vesuvius lap dance.
+Disabled Strike and Beetle cast animations against supernaturals.
+Restored hanging corpse to Kanker's sewer, thanks to EntenSchreck.
+Made sewers water green and added way out of a warrens lair pond.
+Modified King's Way to be more consistent between video and level.
+Restored Trip's quest bonus and repaired sound of Mitnick typing.
Disabled Disciplines when entering the Gallery to avoid particles.
Added fire to observatory map mountain when it should be visible.
Prevented bug if Malkavians speak with the TV when Jack is around.
Replaced not damaging barrel fires in warrens with normal lights.
Fixed floors at Leopold Society and Venture Tower, thanks Norrwin.
Made drug box sellable in basic and beachhouse guard thug attack.
Fixed bounding boxes for long boxes in warehouse and Society maps.
Improved Dane whale scene and the sewer map icon, thanks Norrwin.
Fixed VV, Tung, Phil, Romero, Prince, Knox, Cal and Ash dialogues.
Prevented conversations continuing after disruption on some maps.
Repaired minor Kamikaze Zen, Hollywood hub and warrens map issues.
Fixed some temple container lids clipping into walls or sleepers.
Removed sick bum spawner once the plague bearers have been killed.
Reverted a Sin Bin password and fixed warrens flow control issue.
Fixed Samantha staying if you stopped her early with a discipline.
Corrected SDK script to edit models with Blender, thanks DDLullu.
Fixed Nines appearing early in Nosferatu intro and camera of taxi.
GOG just put it in the game here. I had a 1.75gb update It's the new UP. I'm using Galaxy.
Post edited April 11, 2022 by smuggly
Gudadantza: There are two "official" versions of the unnofficial patch, the Basic and the Plus version. The Basic version is engine fixes and bugfixes only, It is intended to fix the game without change the original content and gameplay too much. the Plus version adds new quests, graphics, unfinished restored content as well, etc...

Is the Plus version actually good? Because, over the years, I've tried many restoration projects that tried to restore unfinished content of many different games, but they often suffered from clear drop in quality, bugs (sometimes game-breaking), etc.
Is the Plus version considerd to be strictly superior, compared to the Basic one?

Marte1980: Is the Plus version actually good? Because, over the years, I've tried many restoration projects that tried to restore unfinished content of many different games, but they often suffered from clear drop in quality, bugs (sometimes game-breaking), etc.
Is the Plus version considerd to be strictly superior, compared to the Basic one?
I can't be of much help, sorry, I only tried the GOG version and the Basic version for compatibility reasons, not even the vanilla. But according to things I did read, the Plus version seems to be pretty stable and polished. In fact it is the original point. And considering the patch is years old and it continues being updated, well, I says to me that probably it is true.

greetings

Marte1980: Is the Plus version actually good? Because, over the years, I've tried many restoration projects that tried to restore unfinished content of many different games, but they often suffered from clear drop in quality, bugs (sometimes game-breaking), etc.
Wesp's patch is one of the rare occasions when the restored content is actually worth it.

In the past (> 6 years ago) I played with the Plus version and it was significantly better. You should definitely give it a try.
How is the Plus version installed? Now that the GOG version of the game has the basic version, will the unofficial patch install the Plus version without issues?

Thank you, wesp5.
arrua: How is the Plus version installed?
You can just install the plus patch on top of basic or the GOG version. Just make sure to disable automatic updates if you use Galaxy and start a new game!
arrua: How is the Plus version installed?
wesp5: You can just install the plus patch on top of basic or the GOG version. Just make sure to disable automatic updates if you use Galaxy and start a new game!
Thank you. :)
Okay so, I just installed the Plus Patch (with everything checked) and was wondering if it installed models / shaders on its own or if I have to do any extra steps? Older youtube guides don't really seem to be applicable anymore from what I can tell, which is why I wanted to ask.
You need to install the shaders manually and I don't really know what you mean with models.
wesp5: You need to install the shaders manually and I don't really know what you mean with models.
Alright, got it figured out now. And with the models that's my bad, I interpreted it wrong in the patch description and thought it meant model overhaul rather than adding new ones for the added content.
Hello, i want to know how to remove the fix book exploit, what should i do in the "vamputil.py" file ?
I see this, what should i do:

(quote_#)#Vendor cleanup to fix book exploit, added by Norrwin
def preBarter(vendor=""):
G = __main__.G
G.pc_barter_loc = __main__.FindPlayer().GetAngles()
G.ip_vendor = vendor
barterWait()
def barterWait():
G = __main__.G
for item in booklist:
if len(__main__.FindEntitiesByClass(item)) == 2:
vendor = G.ip_vendor
cleanInventory(vendor)
if __main__.FindPlayer().GetAngles() == G.pc_barter_loc:
__main__.ScheduleTask(0.15,"barterWait()")
saleitems = ("item_p_research_hg_computers", "item_p_research_hg_dodge", "item_p_research_hg_firearms", "item_p_research_hg_melee", "item_p_research_mg_brawl", "item_p_research_mg_finance", "item_p_research_mg_melee", "item_p_research_mg_security", "item_p_research_lg_firearms", "item_p_research_lg_dodge", "item_p_research_lg_stealth", "item_p_research_lg_computers")
booklist = ("item_p_research_hg_computers", "item_p_research_hg_dodge", "item_p_research_hg_firearms", "item_p_research_hg_melee", "item_p_research_mg_brawl", "item_p_research_mg_finance", "item_p_research_mg_melee", "item_p_research_mg_security", "item_p_research_lg_firearms", "item_p_research_lg_dodge", "item_p_research_lg_stealth", "item_p_research_lg_computers")
def cleanInventory(vendor=""):
npc = Find(vendor)
rst = "item_p_research_"
if npc:
for item in saleitems:
try:
item.index(rst)
# print "trying substring"
except ValueError:
while npc.HasItem(item): npc.RemoveItem(item)
# print "no substring"
else:
if __main__.FindPlayer().HasItem(item):
while npc.HasItem(item): npc.RemoveItem(item)
# print "found substring"(/quote)
Thanks in advance