It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

wesp5: I never changed anything there, it looks exactly like the original. But the gates have five level and they will give a break sound each time before they finally give way...
How many loud sounds does it make that you can hear all of the way across the map? Hmm, guess the sound is probably positional so it's possible that it is always working right but the volume difference lead me to believe it skipped several steps.

Also found another potential bug. Johnny isn't responding to the door opening. In GOG version (10.0 patched) the moment you open the door your player character is put on rails and it starts the conversation with Johnny. In 10.2 none of that happens. If I'm quiet, I can walk right up to him and stealth kill him which triggers the TV to come on so the quest isn't completely broken. If I'm not quiet, Johnny turns around and starts firing.

I loaded a save outside of the club after restarting the game and the door still doesn't trigger Johnny. Video: https://youtu.be/wxU_VJtaYcY

Another bug shortly thereafter: the dude in the biosuite in the Fu Syndicate tests gives -humanity when killed. Quest can't advance without kill him. Seems like that -humanity should be applied to The Mandarin, not the player, because there is no alternative.
Post edited December 27, 2018 by FordGT90Concept
FordGT90Concept: If I'm quiet, I can walk right up to him and stealth kill him which triggers the TV to come on so the quest isn't completely broken. If I'm not quiet, Johnny turns around and starts firing.
This is intended, I found a stealth kill Johnny bonus unused in the files and made it possible :)!

Another bug shortly thereafter: the dude in the biosuite in the Fu Syndicate tests gives -humanity when killed.
That is a problematic issue. Obviously he is innocent and no threat to you, so in my opinion if you kill him you should loose Humanity. Independent of whether the game forces you to do so or not...
wesp5: This is intended, I found a stealth kill Johnny bonus unused in the files and made it possible :)!
So many problems with this change...
1) The dialogs leading up to the encounter with Johnny stresses you are meant to just talk to him. Talking to Johnny is no longer an option.
2) The whole scene is meant to introduce The Mandrin. Killing Johnny without dialog means missing several dialogs that explain things:
2a) Johnny is getting orders from the Mandrin.
2b) The Mandrin knows what you are.
2c) The Mandrin is a serious threat to the Kindred.
2d) The Mandrin likes setting traps for the Kindred.

Yes, I like that you enabled some more player freedom but I think it shouldn't be done at the cost of breaking Johnny's dialog if the player is discovered.
Stealth) The way it is is the way it will have to remain.
Detected) Trigger the original Johnny on rails scene.

wesp5: That is a problematic issue. Obviously he is innocent and no threat to you, so in my opinion if you kill him you should loose Humanity. Independent of whether the game forces you to do so or not...
How about an alternative: instead of checking if the biosuit guy is dead, can you check if he has less than 100% health? That's the first thing I tried to do and was disappointed that the quest did not advance. Simply injuring biosuit guy should be enough to satisfy The Mandrin.

Still no email from the forum. I'm convinced the mail sender on the website is FUBAR.

Another thing: in 10.0 GOG version, Ash's Cell Key during Society of Leopold was missing. It is present in 10.2+ patch.
Post edited December 28, 2018 by FordGT90Concept
Is it worth grabbing this right now or should I just get 10.1 and wait for 10.2 to be finalised before upgrading?
FordGT90Concept: 1) The dialogs leading up to the encounter with Johnny stresses you are meant to just talk to him. Talking to Johnny is no longer an option.
If the player is stupid enough to not talk with him, the game should allow it!

2) The whole scene is meant to introduce The Mandrin. Killing Johnny without dialog means missing several dialogs that explain things:
I think all of this is obvious enough from what the Mandarin is saying himself.

Stealth) The way it is is the way it will have to remain.
Detected) Trigger the original Johnny on rails scene.
This is like it should be. You should only get the stealth approach if you enter crouched!

How about an alternative: instead of checking if the biosuit guy is dead, can you check if he has less than 100% health?
That's already in there I just noticed! Just damage him and wait a bit will work the same.

Still no email from the forum. I'm convinced the mail sender on the website is FUBAR.
Which forum are you talking about here?

Another thing: in 10.0 GOG version, Ash's Cell Key during Society of Leopold was missing. It is present in 10.2+ patch.
It's probably just in another place as 10.0 GOG is the basic version...
Post edited December 28, 2018 by wesp5
wesp5: This is like it should be. You should only get the stealth approach if you enter crouched!
It's not working then. I also tried running into the room and it didn't trigger.

To be honest, I think it should stay the way it was in 10.0 GOG. I was able to sneak in, see the whole Johnny/Mandrin thing unfold, and sneak out without killing anyone other than Johnny. That was without obsfucate too.

wesp5: Which forum are you talking about here?
Planet Vampire

wesp5: It's probably just in another place as 10.0 GOG is the basic version...
I looked everywhere but I didn't have inspection upgraded so it wouldn't be highlighted. I looked it up on the wiki and wiki said it should be next to the door leaving the area. It wasn't there in 10.0 but it was in 10.2.
Post edited December 28, 2018 by FordGT90Concept
FordGT90Concept: To be honest, I think it should stay the way it was in 10.0 GOG. I was able to sneak in, see the whole Johnny/Mandrin thing unfold, and sneak out without killing anyone other than Johnny. That was without obsfucate too.
You couldn't get the bonus though. Honestly only people already knowing about this will enter his room crouched!

wesp5: I looked it up on the wiki and wiki said it should be next to the door leaving the area
I think in basic and the original game one of the hunter drops the key and it sometimes can fall into the water. Which was the reason why I moved it in the plus patch...
Post edited December 28, 2018 by wesp5
FordGT90Concept: To be honest, I think it should stay the way it was in 10.0 GOG. I was able to sneak in, see the whole Johnny/Mandrin thing unfold, and sneak out without killing anyone other than Johnny. That was without obsfucate too.
wesp5: You couldn't get the bonus though. Honestly only people already knowing about this will enter his room crouched!
I don't quite agree with that. If you got upstairs stealthy, you probably still are crouched when you open the office door. (Unless you know you shouldn't if you want the dialog.)

wesp5: I looked it up on the wiki and wiki said it should be next to the door leaving the area
I think in basic and the original game one of the hunter drops the key and it sometimes can fall into the water. Which was the reason why I moved it in the plus patch...
Something like that. But if I recall right it was a hole in the map, not the water.
Post edited December 29, 2018 by ludgerarnold
ludgerarnold: I don't quite agree with that. If you got upstairs stealthy, you probably still are crouched when you open the office door.
Can you actually do that? I mean you have to get permission for the guy at the stairs or can you stealth kill him?
ludgerarnold: I don't quite agree with that. If you got upstairs stealthy, you probably still are crouched when you open the office door.
wesp5: Can you actually do that? I mean you have to get permission for the guy at the stairs or can you stealth kill him?
If you use the side door you can sneak upstairs without being noticed by the guard. Usually I can get in and out without anybody (except for Johnny of course) noticing me.
But you have to use the side door, not the main entrance.
ludgerarnold: But you have to use the side door, not the main entrance.
Ah, that makes sense. I still see no other way to get the stealth-killing Johnny bonus to work...
RC2 is out here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-unofficial-patch

v10.2 RC2 9.1.2019

+Prevented exploit of selling books and removed Trip button sound.
+Unlocked Red Spot storage door and repaired beachhouse NPC update.
Modified barber chair with Lily to animate bonds, thanks DLLullu.
Removed copying bin files into main folder and SDK virus triggers.
Made tutorial door open better and removed basic last Jack lines.
UP 10.2 RC3 is online now: https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-unofficial-patch

v10.2 RC3 21.1.2019
+Updated the Krimeputer log entries on Brian's and Muddy's deaths.
+Made Carson remove McGee's corpse and raised MAC-10 magazine cost.
+Fixed silent Heather dialogue and made warrens ladder accessible.
+Locked a haven door and moved Malcolm's bribe to Mercurio's house.
+Repaired problems when revisiting the beachhouse and the warrens.
Removed quest update for Copper and locked Gimble's door in basic.
Fixed some more wrong Humanity losses and cut off Heather sounds.
Corrected Tommy Dominate reaction and possible poster quest issue.
wesp5: RC2 is out here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-unofficial-patch

v10.2 RC2 9.1.2019

+Prevented exploit of selling books and removed Trip button sound.
+Unlocked Red Spot storage door and repaired beachhouse NPC update.
Modified barber chair with Lily to animate bonds, thanks DLLullu.
Removed copying bin files into main folder and SDK virus triggers.
Made tutorial door open better and removed basic last Jack lines.
Thank you for your continued work and effort! Much, much appreciated!

Would it be possible though, for the book trick fix, to be optional...? It is a core element of gameplay, the absence of which, can seriously cripple many builds...
KiNgBrAdLeY7: Would it be possible though, for the book trick fix, to be optional...?
I recently decided to remove other installation options than basic and plus. But everyone interested can change this easily, open in vdata/items the item_p_research_* files with a text editor and set "item_worth" to something else than "0".