It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,

I am trying to install Vampire Bloodlines on a Mac.

I have tried installing with Crossover and WINE, but both came up with the same error.
When the installation is almost 90% complete I get the error 69:599.
The game does run, but it runs with a lot of graphics errors, there is no problem with the install files, because it installs fine on the PC.

Did anyone ever have a problem like this?
Attachments:
error.jpg (101 Kb)
okozlovski: When the installation is almost 90% complete I get the error 69:599.
The game does run, but it runs with a lot of graphics errors, there is no problem with the install files, because it installs fine on the PC.
It's probably already installed at that point. Error is likely for some redistributable or some such. This has had good results before on OS X. Might be worth it to try a Staging build. Also, what's your GPU?
Post edited March 10, 2017 by Gydion
okozlovski: When the installation is almost 90% complete I get the error 69:599.
Gydion: It's probably already installed at that point. Error is likely for some redistributable or some such. This has had good results before on OS X. Might be worth it to try a Staging build. Also, what's your GPU?
My machine has twin GPUs, an Intel Iris Pro with 1,5Gb and a AMD Radeon R9 M370X with 2Gb.
I am going to attempt an install, switching the on board GPU off, maybe that's the reason for the error.

Could you elaborate on how to stage the build? Sorry I am kind of new to this.
okozlovski: Could you elaborate on how to stage the build? Sorry I am kind of new to this.
No, that's Wine Staging. For official Wine packages (devel & staging) see here <i>(.pkg)</i>.
okozlovski: Could you elaborate on how to stage the build? Sorry I am kind of new to this.
Gydion: No, that's Wine Staging. For official Wine packages (devel & staging) see here <i>(.pkg)</i>.
Got it, thanks.

Just a question, is it possible that it's an issue with Direct X not being installed?
okozlovski: Just a question, is it possible that it's an issue with Direct X not being installed?
Probably not how you are thinking. Wine has builtin versions of the Direct X DLLs. Some cases you do still need to install native versions, best done via winetricks, but Bloodlines was working without any of them. I linked to the wrong report before. The one for Bloodlines is here.
The console output would be useful. Wine may not be recognizing whichever GPU it's running on and using the fallback code without the proper VRAM. You can try setting VideoMemorySize to the correct value via wine regedit and see if that helps.
Since this type of question has been asked a couple of times (and to consolidate otherwise dead-end search results), I wrote up a separate tutorial thread on getting this working with Wineskin here:

Bloodlines: Mac Installation Instructions (via Wine)