It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm actually really enjoying this title, but there are some problems with polish. I love the political stuff. But now that I'm in the second age... why are there cars driving around the streets in 1860?

One of the coolest things this game has to offer is its ability to show your city change bit by bit over time as technology and infrastructure improve. But if the second age (of five!) starts in 1860, why on earth are all the horse-drawn carts gone? It's all motorcars! We're nowhere near that level of technology yet. And not only that, the cars look like they're from the 1920s...

Very sad blemish on a pretty fun game. I actually stopped playing when I saw the cars and it's gonna be hard to go back.
suejak: why are there cars driving around the streets in 1860?
When i reached the second era i noticed this as well and it bugged me but i remembered seeing something similar in a documentary so i looked it up and...

"Steam car is a car (automobile) powered by a steam engine (external combustion engine). By the 1850s it was viable to produce them on a commercial basis: steam road vehicles were used for many applications."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_car

I believe we research "real" cars in the second era in the internal combustion engine tech
Yeah, I looked it up too but I'm pretty sure they weren't used on this scale (i.e. they certainly were not the primary means of transportation) nor did they look like this. These are 1920s-era Ford-style cars.

I mean, think about it -- the first railroads are just being built in this era. There is no way at all that everybody was driving a steam car around like this. It's just bad.
Post edited January 22, 2017 by suejak