It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've searched for this, and the solution is to edit the ut2004.ini file - something the GOG version is missing. Is there a way for me to set the resolution manually, preferably to 1920x1080 native, and if not, to a 16:9 resolution so the image isn't stretched?
This question / problem has been solved by korellimage
migo: I've searched for this, and the solution is to edit the ut2004.ini file - something the GOG version is missing. Is there a way for me to set the resolution manually, preferably to 1920x1080 native, and if not, to a 16:9 resolution so the image isn't stretched?
The GOG version is not missing the UT2004.ini file. In all likelihood, you've installed into a Program Files folder and are using Vista/7/8, meaning that Windows DEP forces the game to place the ini file elsewhere (along with settings and save files).

If this is the case then either uninstall and re-install into an unprotected folder such as C:\Games\UT2004\ or search for the ini file within your C:\Users\<Username>\AppData folder. Possibly it is inside Local\GOG.com but I'm not 100% on that. It could be in the VirtualStore folder, or some other place within AppData.

UPDATE: Ah, here we go. Checking the rest of the Unreal forum here is another post on this issue which I responded to, and the user located the file. http://www.gog.com/forum/unreal_series/missing_ut2004_ini

If you've installed into the Program Files folder (which is protected under Vista and later) then the ini file is located here:

C:\Users\<YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\GOG.com\Unreal Tournament 2004\System
Post edited May 21, 2013 by korell
migo: I've searched for this, and the solution is to edit the ut2004.ini file - something the GOG version is missing. Is there a way for me to set the resolution manually, preferably to 1920x1080 native, and if not, to a 16:9 resolution so the image isn't stretched?
korell: The GOG version is not missing the UT2004.ini file. In all likelihood, you've installed into a Program Files folder and are using Vista/7/8, meaning that Windows DEP forces the game to place the ini file elsewhere (along with settings and save files).

If this is the case then either uninstall and re-install into an unprotected folder such as C:\Games\UT2004\ or search for the ini file within your C:\Users\<Username>\AppData folder. Possibly it is inside Local\GOG.com but I'm not 100% on that. It could be in the VirtualStore folder, or some other place within AppData.

UPDATE: Ah, here we go. Checking the rest of the Unreal forum here is another post on this issue which I responded to, and the user located the file. http://www.gog.com/forum/unreal_series/missing_ut2004_ini

If you've installed into the Program Files folder (which is protected under Vista and later) then the ini file is located here:

C:\Users\<YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\GOG.com\Unreal Tournament 2004\System
Thankyou, that did the trick. And I'm sure it'll help me for a lot of other games in the future.
Just open the console with TAB and enter "setres 1920x1080" without the quotes, or whatever res you want. That's all.
Post edited August 30, 2014 by Lobuno