It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello,
Since all of the games are DRM Free, will I still be able to play UT2004 ECE over the Internet? I already read that you can play them in a LAN. But what I would like to know is if I were to install them on multiple computers and had a bunch of friends over. Will we be able to play online all at once.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Sean
Yes, it's online enabled, I don't know what sort of deal they got with Epic, but the serial key is the same for everybody.
Thanks a lot!
~ Sean
greedz: Yes, it's online enabled, I don't know what sort of deal they got with Epic, but the serial key is the same for everybody.

Same key? Can anyone who has bought UT2k4 on GOG check how many servers you see?
With a legit CDKEY you can see 600+ servers total.
And no way it's shared because CDKey is used to identify players (for bans etc).
greedz: Yes, it's online enabled, I don't know what sort of deal they got with Epic, but the serial key is the same for everybody.
Mia: Same key? Can anyone who has bought UT2k4 on GOG check how many servers you see?
With a legit CDKEY you can see 600+ servers total.
And no way it's shared because CDKey is used to identify players (for bans etc).

It's been mentioned on the forums a LOT, but to repeat, as it is a digital download it comes pre-supplied with a common key, so yes, everyone who buys it from GOG all initially have the same key. This applies to ALL GOG games which have keys.
If you then need a unique key for online/tournaments, etc, then a simple support ticket raised with GOG asking for a unique key will result in them providing you with one. There is NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE as you are entitled to a key. It usually only takes around 2-3 days from asking for a unique key to GOG then providing you with one.
I'm sure this is also mentioned in the GOG Terms of Service.
Post edited April 06, 2010 by korell