It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I know it's pretty much the same game as 2004, but...why not? :c
And you gotta admit, the menu screen of 2003 is soo much better...that music man >_< ...and for series completion's sake...doesn't anyone else feel that way?
CrisR82: I know it's pretty much the same game as 2004, but...why not? :c
And you gotta admit, the menu screen of 2003 is soo much better...that music man >_< ...and for series completion's sake...doesn't anyone else feel that way?
It would be wise to make this game to a DLC mod for UT2004. You have said it is basically the same except the boss and the Onslaught mode, but there are gameplay and strategy differences. Once ago they made a conversation pack which can make the UT2004 to Unreal 1. Something similar should be enough. :)
I hear you man, there is a quick fix though:

In your GOG/unreal tournament 2004 folder there is a music folder, it has 2 files KR-UT2003-Menu.ogg and a KR-UT2004-Menu.ogg, just switch the names of the 2003 one to 2004(add like a 1 to the end of the original or something) and voila, the menu now plays the 2003 music instead of the dull retro music!
Arnathos: I hear you man, there is a quick fix though:

In your GOG/unreal tournament 2004 folder there is a music folder, it has 2 files KR-UT2003-Menu.ogg and a KR-UT2004-Menu.ogg, just switch the names of the 2003 one to 2004(add like a 1 to the end of the original or something) and voila, the menu now plays the 2003 music instead of the dull retro music!
...please tell me there is a way to do this for the menu (layout, buttons...that stuff) too O:
I would agree get 2003, Bombing run alone is worth the price of admission for this game. As bad as it was we would play Bombing Run football for hours. Yes please get 2K3

BTW if any of you are UT99 or UT2K4 players come and play on our server. -=<The Viper Squadron Rebel Base>=-
I'll post the IP's for both as soon as we get the new IP for the 2K4 server. It's being moved at the moment

Seeya
Marauder 1
Viper99.com
Arnathos: I hear you man, there is a quick fix though:

CrisR82: ...please tell me there is a way to do this for the menu (layout, buttons...that stuff) too O:
1.Press F11
2.folder icon
3.add
4.UT2003_menu or something like that.
5. profit
IMO 2003 was a much more polished game, Menu was better more announcer voice per character when selecting them

electric sniper had full image, 2004 they cut a thing off of it. and graphics I ran both through unreal engine creator and found out that 2003 had a 5 to 10% better texture layer and lighting engline then the updated 2004 did for some reason.

I like 2004 for the vehicles and thats pretty much it and mods of course
I too prefer UT2003 to 2004 for various reason. It would be nice to have this, just to complete the series here on gog.
Post edited September 03, 2016 by ThermioN
I agree UT2003 should be included on GOG. So many people act like the game doesn't exist. Even EPIC didn't bother to include it in Unreal Anthology. But it's still a critical part of Unreal history. Sure, UT2004 includes almost all of the content, but UT2003 still has it's own charm, not to mention a completely different SP ladder structure.

I'm also one of the people who prefers the way UT2003's gameplay is tuned over UT2004.

This doesn't matter much to me, because I have the retail game, and patched retail UT2003 is effectively DRM free. However, others should have the option to buy it through GOG.
Post edited August 28, 2016 by Oubadah