It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Error setting display mode: CreateDevice failed (80070057). Please delete your Unreal2.ini file if this error prevents you from starting the game.

History: UD3DRenderDevice::UnSetRes <- CreateDevice <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::Exec <- APlayerController::execConsoleCommand <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (CodeMonkey Transient.UIConsole0.CodeMonkey1, Function U2.CodeMonkey.ApplyVideoSettings) <- UMouseCursor::DispatchMouseRelease <- UMouseCursor::MouseRelease_Event <- UUIConsole::KeyEvent <- UEngine::InputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::CauseInputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::UpdateInput <- UViewport::ReadInput <- APlayerController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Build: Mar 14 2003 13:26:15

I've tried to delete the Unreal2.ini file and it doesn't seem to work. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

I am currently running WIndows 8.1, but had this issue with Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Post edited June 15, 2014 by illage2
This question / problem has been solved by hudfreegamerimage
Are you able to run the game in any resolution?

What video card do you have? Or, are you using onboard video (like intel)?

If you can play the game at another resolution, you may need to manually set the resolution in your Unreal2/System/Unreal2.ini file

Open the file in a text editor and scroll down to the section [WinDrv.WindowsClient]

Make sure the following values are set like this:

WindowedViewportX=1920
WindowedViewportY=1080

FullscreenViewportX=1920
FullscreenViewportY=1080
hudfreegamer: Are you able to run the game in any resolution?

What video card do you have? Or, are you using onboard video (like intel)?

If you can play the game at another resolution, you may need to manually set the resolution in your Unreal2/System/Unreal2.ini file

Open the file in a text editor and scroll down to the section [WinDrv.WindowsClient]

Make sure the following values are set like this:

WindowedViewportX=1920
WindowedViewportY=1080

FullscreenViewportX=1920
FullscreenViewportY=1080
I am using an nVida GT620 and when I ran it at 1024x768 the game started just fine. I'll try editing the INI file as you said and see what happens.

Thanks

Edit: YAY! It worked thanks :D
Post edited June 17, 2014 by illage2