It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Nickcronomicon: Always 1+2+3 :)
Elmofongo: ...I downloaded the 3rd game of an NES Emulator and eh if I played Final Fantasy 1, I played this.

Now I rather get Ultima 9 even more despite how bad it is, I just wanna slay Dragons in 3D games.
Holy $#!* NO! Do NOT judge ANY Ultima game off of an NES conversion. They're FAR inferior to any other versions. Also, the SNES conversion of Ultima VI isn't bad but VII is an abomination... Get the DOS versions (GOG just so happens to sell them) or the Apple IIe versions if you prefer emulating them that way.
Post edited June 14, 2013 by VisElEchNon
Elmofongo: ...I downloaded the 3rd game of an NES Emulator and eh if I played Final Fantasy 1, I played this.

Now I rather get Ultima 9 even more despite how bad it is, I just wanna slay Dragons in 3D games.
VisElEchNon: Holy $#!* NO! Do NOT judge ANY Ultima game off of an NES conversion. They're FAR inferior to any other versions. Also, the SNES conversion of Ultima VI isn't bad but VII is an abomination... Get the DOS versions (GOG just so happens to sell them) or the Apple IIe versions if you prefer emulating them that way.
I have them all except 1 2 3, but despite being bad I think Ultima 9 looks more interesting for its world.

Also What makes at least say Ultima 3 NES inferior to PC?
haven't played the gog version of u9 yet but if it's as buggy as back when it came out then the 1,2,3 collection is decidedly superior, if only because they don't crash to desktop every 5 minutes
VisElEchNon: Holy $#!* NO! Do NOT judge ANY Ultima game off of an NES conversion. They're FAR inferior to any other versions. Also, the SNES conversion of Ultima VI isn't bad but VII is an abomination... Get the DOS versions (GOG just so happens to sell them) or the Apple IIe versions if you prefer emulating them that way.
Elmofongo: I have them all except 1 2 3, but despite being bad I think Ultima 9 looks more interesting for its world.

U3 NES has the stupid jRPG graphics, names have been changed, puzzles have been changed (though you wouldn't know if you hadn't played both I suppose), crappy menu-based commands due to the game pad.

The graphics ARE better than the DOS version but I'm not a fan of jRPG graphics in my Ultima. Ultima is NOT a jRPG.
I suppose "far" was a bit of an exaggeration on how bad the games are but I still don't recommend any console port of an Ultima. The Rune of Virtue games are console native so they get a pass.

As for the Ultima 9 world... it's basically the same as 4-7 (part 1). 1-3 all have different maps but they're fun little games if you play them without expecting too much depth or ANY continuity (though continuity in Ultima in general is a bit flaky...)
Elmofongo: I have them all except 1 2 3, but despite being bad I think Ultima 9 looks more interesting for its world.

VisElEchNon: U3 NES has the stupid jRPG graphics, names have been changed, puzzles have been changed (though you wouldn't know if you hadn't played both I suppose), crappy menu-based commands due to the game pad.

The graphics ARE better than the DOS version but I'm not a fan of jRPG graphics in my Ultima. Ultima is NOT a jRPG.
I suppose "far" was a bit of an exaggeration on how bad the games are but I still don't recommend any console port of an Ultima. The Rune of Virtue games are console native so they get a pass.

As for the Ultima 9 world... it's basically the same as 4-7 (part 1). 1-3 all have different maps but they're fun little games if you play them without expecting too much depth or ANY continuity (though continuity in Ultima in general is a bit flaky...)
Exactly I always wanted to see Britannia in 3D.

Also I liked they JRPG graphics because they were colorful and had music :P
Post edited June 15, 2013 by Elmofongo
VisElEchNon: U3 NES has the stupid jRPG graphics, names have been changed, puzzles have been changed (though you wouldn't know if you hadn't played both I suppose), crappy menu-based commands due to the game pad.

Elmofongo: Exactly I always wanted to see Britannia in 3D.

Also I liked they JRPG graphics because they were colorful and had music :P
lol
Well yeah, the hatred of jRPG graphics in Ultima is a personal preference after all I suppose. But I'm right so there... :P