- where precisely does one paste that line?
In Galaxy2, you must add a launch parameters for UFO.exe in Arguments then thick it by default. Mine is:
--options multisample=4 anisotropy=8 loadall=FALSE video_caption=TRUE nointro=TRUE fullscreen=TRUE
If you don't use Galaxy, you must put this in the Target of the shortcut, you must add a space after the "UFO.xe" then the --options
Too you must verify your graphic driver.
Mine Nvidia is set to Ratio and scales on the Graphic proc
I am having the exact same problem as Lrjc1984 posted above. Can someone plz clarify this solution a bit better?
Native resolution on my laptop is 1366 x 768, Windows 7 and I have the Nvidia control panel set to 'Use my display's native scaling'. I have a graphics accelerator rather than a proper graphics card, so hope that isn't the problem (though the game runs/looks fine, other than the screen being cut off along the bottom).
Here's what I tried: Using GOG Galaxy 2.0.16
- Up in the top bar I click on the 'Settings' icon > manage installation > configure
- Scroll down to 'Launch Parameters' and enable the check-box "Custom executables/arguments"
- Click "Duplicate" on the Exectable item currently listed as 'Default executable'. (ie. the first one listed)
- Scroll further down to the newly duplicated item and add the text "fullscreen=FALSE" (without quotes) as an Argument, then click the radio button just below that to make this the new 'Default executable'.
This doesn't solve the problem. Using Shortcut
The exact default target path specified by GOG during install in the desktop shortcut is:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\GalaxyClient.exe" /command=runGame /gameId=1207658869 /path="C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\UFO Afterlight"
I don't know the proper syntax. What would be the exact modified path, plz? Using Goglog file
In the goglog text file for the configuration settings found in the game file, I tried simply adding the line "fullscreen=FALSE" (again w/o quotes). This didn't work either.
Thanks in advance for any help.