It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

is there a way to apply Bilinear filtering in this game?...i already tried the "graphic mode" open gl, direct3d, ddraw, overlay, none of them makes deference.
i'm on win 7 with radeon hd 6870.
luckygoth64: is there a way to apply Bilinear filtering in this game?...i already tried the "graphic mode" open gl, direct3d, ddraw, overlay, none of them makes deference.
i'm on win 7 with radeon hd 6870.
Hi (caution bad english incoming^^),

yes you can use some sort of antialiasing, if you go to the dosbox conf-file, go to „render“
and put „scaler“ to: scaler=advmame3x or „hq3x“ (i prefer advmame). in „surface“ mode, the number pre-X doubles(2x) or triples(3x) all of the pixels, 3x is bigger than 2x of course(just in fullscreen). In „overlay“ 3x is a stronger anti aliasing effect than 2x.

My settings for tyrian2k are:

(sdl)

fullscreen=false ← what you like
fulldouble=false ← on „true“ it removes screen tearing, but it costs very much performance.
fullresolution=0x0 ,or your native monitor resolution example: 1920×1080(just if you play in fullscreen of course)

(0x0 makes that your games are rendert in your windows resolution(wich i hope is your native monitor resolution. and makes the game sharper and much more nicer^^ )

windowresolution=1024x768 or any other you like
output=surface

(render)

aspect=false ← i thing its the original experience
scaler=advmame3x ← that is what you want :-)

ps: the best output options (under sdl) are „surface“(dont scales) „overlay“(like surface but scales) and openglnb (same as opengl but sharp and a litle to much contrast i think, scales).the others are blurring your screen.

Pps: the most of those configuration are working on other dosbox games to.
thanks. but i can't find the dosbox conf-file" in this version of game, it seems that dos box is preconfigured for this game.
luckygoth64: thanks. but i can't find the dosbox conf-file" in this version of game, it seems that dos box is preconfigured for this game.
The config file is in your main Tyrian folder, entitled "dosboxT2K.conf". It's NOT in the DOSBOX subfolder.
Just what bevinator says.

As an example:

c:/programms/gog.com/tyrian2000/dosboxt2k.conf

ps: if the conf-file is protectet, just copie that file in to desktop and after your done, in his folder back and simply overwrite the old one.
thanks guys, i found it now.