It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So lately I was thinking just how limited the goodies are for GOG's release of T2k. Don't get me wrong, I totally appreciate the soundtrack, but there's so much more that can be added! For example, how cool would it be to have high-resolution scans of the game box or a file listing all of the cheats and/or twiddle moves?

Also, I remember a few years ago that Jason Emery released the prototype Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance versions of T2K for free on the internet. What are the chances that we might receive these games as additional goodies in the near future? After all, adding these files should be a breeze for GOG since they already exist in the public domain.

EDIT: I just realized that the game already includes a cheat file, manual, and all that other jazz. These extras aren't listed on the store page, but are still accessible when the game is downloaded..
Post edited September 19, 2015 by astroclay
astroclay: Also, I remember a few years ago that Jason Emery released the prototype Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance versions of T2K for free on the internet. What are the chances that we might receive these games as additional goodies in the near future? After all, adding these files should be a breeze for GOG since they already exist in the public domain.
Are these ports official? If no, I think there might be such a little chance they come to increase Tyrian's additional content.
astroclay: Also, I remember a few years ago that Jason Emery released the prototype Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance versions of T2K for free on the internet. What are the chances that we might receive these games as additional goodies in the near future? After all, adding these files should be a breeze for GOG since they already exist in the public domain.
haaliquan: Are these ports official? If no, I think there might be such a little chance they come to increase Tyrian's additional content.
Yes, the ports were official. Jason Emery released the GBC and GBA prototypes as well as the original Tyrian (non-2000) as freeware decades ago. Though the site he used is long gone, it was thankfully archived and the freeware files can still be downloaded: Tyrian Repository (web archive)

The prototypes are, of course, incomplete. But they're fun to toy around with.

EDIT: I had to use Google URL shortener for the link, as GOG Forums would not properly display a URL containing two http entries. If you don't trust shortened links, you can find the original link on the Tyrian Wikia: http://tyrian.wikia.com/wiki/Tyrian,_the_Wikia

EDIT2: The graphics were also released to the public. I would link them, but my "new user limitations" have suddenly kicked in and I'm now forbidden from posting new links.
Post edited February 18, 2018 by Azure_Fang