}

It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

×
I am having issues with the 1.0 version of the game having what seems to be excessively long load times. These load times happen on any screen transition where it fades to black, and can sometimes take as long as 30 seconds.

It takes about 20 seconds of black screen for the main menu to load, 15 for the load game menu, then 30 for the actual game to load.

I am running on Windows 10 Pro, i7-4790K CPU
The game is installed on a SSD
I have tried with game mode on as well as off

Is anyone else having these kind of issues, and if so has any solution been found?
If it's an already known issue, is there a fix in the works?

Edit 1:
I should add that I do not recall this happening in the beta version that GOG had up for a day or so, only once it updated to 1.0 did I start noticing the load times.
Post edited February 09, 2018 by SamRaven2
This question / problem has been solved by robitstudiosimage
avatar
SamRaven2: I am having issues with the 1.0 version of the game having what seems to be excessively long load times. These load times happen on any screen transition where it fades to black, and can sometimes take as long as 30 seconds.

It takes about 20 seconds of black screen for the main menu to load, 15 for the load game menu, then 30 for the actual game to load.

I am running on Windows 10 Pro, i7-4790K CPU
The game is installed on a SSD
I have tried with game mode on as well as off

Is anyone else having these kind of issues, and if so has any solution been found?
If it's an already known issue, is there a fix in the works?

Edit 1:
I should add that I do not recall this happening in the beta version that GOG had up for a day or so, only once it updated to 1.0 did I start noticing the load times.
Hey! Sorry to hear about these loading issues. Considering your hardware it shouldn't be taking so long. And it's weird that the beta was working. I will take a look at what changed between the beta and 1.0 and try to work this out. Hope to have a patch on GOG by Monday.
avatar
SamRaven2: I am having issues with the 1.0 version of the game having what seems to be excessively long load times. These load times happen on any screen transition where it fades to black, and can sometimes take as long as 30 seconds.

It takes about 20 seconds of black screen for the main menu to load, 15 for the load game menu, then 30 for the actual game to load.

I am running on Windows 10 Pro, i7-4790K CPU
The game is installed on a SSD
I have tried with game mode on as well as off

Is anyone else having these kind of issues, and if so has any solution been found?
If it's an already known issue, is there a fix in the works?

Edit 1:
I should add that I do not recall this happening in the beta version that GOG had up for a day or so, only once it updated to 1.0 did I start noticing the load times.
avatar
robitstudios: Hey! Sorry to hear about these loading issues. Considering your hardware it shouldn't be taking so long. And it's weird that the beta was working. I will take a look at what changed between the beta and 1.0 and try to work this out. Hope to have a patch on GOG by Monday.
I did find that reinstalling the game from scratch did help a bit, so it may be something related to overwritten files during the update process.

It is still slower than expected, and I will keep an eye on it as I play to see if it gets worse over time.
Post edited February 09, 2018 by SamRaven2
avatar
robitstudios: Hey! Sorry to hear about these loading issues. Considering your hardware it shouldn't be taking so long. And it's weird that the beta was working. I will take a look at what changed between the beta and 1.0 and try to work this out. Hope to have a patch on GOG by Monday.
avatar
SamRaven2: I did find that reinstalling the game from scratch did help a bit, so it may be something related to overwritten files during the update process.

It is still slower than expected, and I will keep an eye on it as I play to see if it gets worse over time.
One possibility might be your anti virus software. I use Avast and it flagged TAW as suspect and scanned the file which of course slowed things down the first time I played. I exited the game and started a new one and everything is fine now. I also saw a pop up stating something to the effect that TAW would be added to a list of allowable games.
After taking a break for a couple hours, game closed during this time, the game is once again sluggish with its load times.

I am downloading a second game at the time of this testing, but it is being installed to a drifferent drive than TAW is installed on and should not be affecting load times that drastically. I will test again after the installation is complete.

I use Windows Defender as my antivirus, and it did not throw any flags in its logs for TAW.

Edit After Download/Install finished:
Still having the issues, no related to the download. As best I can tell it is just taking a long time to read the game files from the drive. The trouble reading only began occurring after quitting the game and coming back to it after a few hours.

I am going to try switching what drive it is installed on to find out if that makes a difference.
Post edited February 10, 2018 by SamRaven2
Unfortunately I'm also having this problem :( Though not running on a SSD which might account for slower times, I get several seconds black screens when changing from screen to screen. This happens even when going from the menu to the load game selection menu and also in game, when pressing Escape/opening the inventory.