It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi, is anyone else experiencing segfault right after running linux version of the game? I have pretty fresh install of ubuntu 16.04 and other games run just fine (Sunless sea, ...)

Thanks,
Martin
Attachments:
This question / problem has been solved by sepekimage
Yes, I do! Ubuntu 16.04 here too with amdgpu-pro driver.
sepek: Yes, I do! Ubuntu 16.04 here too with amdgpu-pro driver.
Thanks for confirmation. Unfortunately, I still don't have any solution.
Just tried the new update from 16 November 2016 (gog_transport_fever_2.2.0.3.sh). Didn't help. :(

I've uninstalled previous version, deleted the game folder ~/GOG Games/Transport Fever/ with some remaining files, also deleted config folder ~/.local/share/Transport Fever/ and installed the new version. But nothing changed ... the game still crashes. I'm using AMD R7 260X GPU with amdgpu-pro driver.

After starting the game, a new window briefly flashes on the screen, but immediately disappears, as the segfault occurs.
Just noticed that the game generates some crash dumps with lots of info. So if any of the developers is interested, I can share it.

EDIT: Uh, the game has probably already automatically sent the crash dump to developers (It seems to send all contents of each crash dump to www.train-fever.com/crash_dump/handler.php after each crash). This is NOT nice, because the crash dump contains a lot of info about my system and I didn't agree with this in EULA or anywhere else.

At least the developers surely know about the issue.
Post edited November 17, 2016 by jirmik
Same here, so I guess we have an issue with amdgpu-pro. Which version do you use? Latest version (16.40) doesn't work for me so I'm still with 16.30.
sepek: Same here, so I guess we have an issue with amdgpu-pro. Which version do you use? Latest version (16.40) doesn't work for me so I'm still with 16.30.
I'm using 16.40.5 without any problems. I use it with AMD R7 260X GPU, standard 4.4.0-47-generic kernel and KDE environment... didn't try Unity or any other environment. Both the instalation and running the driver has been suprisingly smooth so far. Transport Fever is the only exception.

BTW: I've already started exchanging info with developers, so hopefully, this will be resolved soon.
sepek: Same here, so I guess we have an issue with amdgpu-pro. Which version do you use? Latest version (16.40) doesn't work for me so I'm still with 16.30.
jirmik: I'm using 16.40.5 without any problems. I use it with AMD R7 260X GPU, standard 4.4.0-47-generic kernel and KDE environment... didn't try Unity or any other environment. Both the instalation and running the driver has been suprisingly smooth so far. Transport Fever is the only exception.

BTW: I've already started exchanging info with developers, so hopefully, this will be resolved soon.
I already sent them files a week ago and they are working on a fix. They just need to recreate the bug. And its segfault as with all the other people here and on Steam too.

But its not an issue with amdgpu-pro since the same issue is with the AMD Catalyst 15.302 driver which is the last official driver for r7-r9 graphic cards which I am using on Mint 17.3.
jirmik: I'm using 16.40.5 without any problems. I use it with AMD R7 260X GPU, standard 4.4.0-47-generic kernel and KDE environment... didn't try Unity or any other environment. Both the instalation and running the driver has been suprisingly smooth so far. Transport Fever is the only exception.

Matruchus: I already sent them files a week ago and they are working on a fix. They just need to recreate the bug. And its segfault as with all the other people here and on Steam too.

But its not an issue with amdgpu-pro since the same issue is with the AMD Catalyst 15.302 driver which is the last official driver for r7-r9 graphic cards which I am using on Mint 17.3.
Thanks for sharing news!
Matruchus: I already sent them files a week ago and they are working on a fix. They just need to recreate the bug. And its segfault as with all the other people here and on Steam too.

jirmik: Thanks for sharing news!
News again.

The developer informed me that they created a fix for this that is currently being tested in the Steam beta branch. When it goes stable it will be uploaded to gog.com too.
Post edited November 23, 2016 by Matruchus
Nice, 12070 fixes it for me. Thanks to all involved.
sepek: Nice, 12070 fixes it for me. Thanks to all involved.
I can confirm that. The game works without a hitch now.