It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello everybody.

I'm having a lot of problems getting *any* classic Tomb Raider games to launch on my system. After some tweaking and Googling I have 1, 2, and AoD working, but I still get the following errors for the rest:

TR3: Opens a black screen with no audio. Doesn't seem to crash outright (I can Alt-F4 to exit) but nothing else ever happens.

Last Revelation and Chronicles:
Running normally (fullscreen), these will play the opening FMVs, then crash as soon as they reach the loading screens for the menus. If I use Setup to run in windowed mode, they simply won't launch at all, displaying an error dialog reading "Failed To Setup DirectX".

System specs:
Windows 10 (64-bit)
i7-4790K 4Ghz
8GB RAM
AMD Radeon R9 M295X
If you haven't yet, try adding the dgVoodoo 2 wrapper (all files in the MS folder of the following archive) to each game folder:

http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2.html

If that doesn't help, look up each game at PCGamingWiki.com to see if any tips or fixes are listed there.
Post edited June 07, 2018 by jnisbet
Have you tried OpenTomb?