It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

hi
any way to move the savegame location?
i'd like to run it from pendrive, it works, but savegames still appear on host-c-drive
i tried fiddling with the goglog.ini file, but it doesn't seem to do anything
tyvm!
The gog.ini file mostly holds the locations so it knows what to delete when you are asked if you want to keep your saved games..

I created a batch file which makes it work, however it created a path on my ramdrive for 'My Documents\my games\tis-100'. Ignoring the batch file and it worked on my normal saves, so this will work...

note: Change e: to your thumb drive's location, and save the bat file to game folder

[code]
set userprofile=e:
tis100.exe
[/code]
rtcvb32: The gog.ini file mostly holds the locations so it knows what to delete when you are asked if you want to keep your saved games..

I created a batch file which makes it work, however it created a path on my ramdrive for 'My Documents\my games\tis-100'. Ignoring the batch file and it worked on my normal saves, so this will work...

note: Change e: to your thumb drive's location, and save the bat file to game folder

[code]
set userprofile=e:
tis100.exe
[/code]
Will this not conflict with other stuff that happens on the pc in the meantime? don't want other apps writing stuff to the drive because they see the userprofiledir on the E...
sanghoku: Will this not conflict with other stuff that happens on the pc in the meantime? don't want other apps writing stuff to the drive because they see the userprofiledir on the E...
No it shouldn't conflict, if the commandline shell is anything like other shells, any changes affect that shell only (until it's closed). Besides i tested & closed the commandline afterwards; Openening a new one and echoing off the %userprofile% i got the original one.
sanghoku: Will this not conflict with other stuff that happens on the pc in the meantime? don't want other apps writing stuff to the drive because they see the userprofiledir on the E...
rtcvb32: No it shouldn't conflict, if the commandline shell is anything like other shells, any changes affect that shell only (until it's closed). Besides i tested & closed the commandline afterwards; Openening a new one and echoing off the %userprofile% i got the original one.
thanks for setting me on the right "path" ( ;) )
i used the code below to set the userpath variable to the directory - my games appears now in the tis folder, and is indepentent of driveletter (important when using pendrive on various pc's)

[code]
set userprofile=%~dp0
tis100.exe
[/code]
sanghoku: thanks for setting me on the right "path" ( ;) ) i used the code below to set the userpath variable to the directory - my games appears now in the tis folder, and is indepentent of driveletter
If it all works, then great, effectively makes it portable (which a lot more games SHOULD be like but curiously aren't...)

Experiment with at least 2 systems, course if both systems have TIS-100 installed and you just wanted a way to ensure your games don't overwrite a friend's, well i can understand that perfectly :)
Sorry for the necropost. I recently purchased this game, and it does not have a gog.ini file in the folder. I surmised that it would be in the TIS-100 folder, so I added it and then added the code block above. My games are still saved in the user directory for Windows. It would be nice to have the ability alluded to in this thread, however I think they changed something in the GOG installation process that no longer makes this possible?
sanghoku: thanks for setting me on the right "path" ( ;) ) i used the code below to set the userpath variable to the directory - my games appears now in the tis folder, and is indepentent of driveletter
rtcvb32: If it all works, then great, effectively makes it portable (which a lot more games SHOULD be like but curiously aren't...)

Experiment with at least 2 systems, course if both systems have TIS-100 installed and you just wanted a way to ensure your games don't overwrite a friend's, well i can understand that perfectly :)
tiqdreng: Sorry for the necropost. I recently purchased this game, and it does not have a gog.ini file in the folder. I surmised that it would be in the TIS-100 folder, so I added it and then added the code block above. My games are still saved in the user directory for Windows. It would be nice to have the ability alluded to in this thread, however I think they changed something in the GOG installation process that no longer makes this possible?
The gog.ini file wouldn't have changed where the files were saved at, only for it to reference for deleting save data (if you didn't need it).

Save data location is highly inconsistent between different games...