It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm confused about this patch, why would you downdate your version? Is there something wrong with version 6.0.7.3?

Also, while we're on here, what's the install order? I assume its the order it's listed in the download section? So:
- This War of Mine
- Patch (downdate patch?)
- The little ones
- The little ones patch
- Stores Fading Embers
- Stories Fathers Promise
- Stories Fathers Promise patch
- Stories The last broadcast

Is that the install order?
Attachments:
downloads.png (287 Kb)
Newbie: I'm confused about this patch, why would you downdate your version? Is there something wrong with version 6.0.7.3?

Also, while we're on here, what's the install order? I assume its the order it's listed in the download section? So:
- This War of Mine
- The little ones
- The little ones patch
- Stores Fading Embers

Late reply, so I hope you'd already figured some of this out:
Based on the latest update, it seems like the previous GOG patch was just mislabeled "6.0.7" when it should've been named "6.0.7.4".

I don't think install order matters at all, other than obviously installing base game before any DLC, making sure any DLC you install have the same version (and GOG build number) as the base game, and then applying any relevant patches. (I'm not sure any of the patches in the photo would have been necessary, as those are usually just to update already-installed copies to the latest version; the base installer is usually updated to the latest version as well.)
Newbie: I'm confused about this patch, why would you downdate your version? Is there something wrong with version 6.0.7.3?

- This War of Mine
- The little ones
- The little ones patch
- Stores Fading Embers

HunchBluntley: Late reply, so I hope you'd already figured some of this out:
Based on the latest update, it seems like the previous GOG patch was just mislabeled "6.0.7" when it should've been named "6.0.7.4".

I don't think install order matters at all, other than obviously installing base game before any DLC, making sure any DLC you install have the same version (and GOG build number) as the base game, and then applying any relevant patches. (I'm not sure any of the patches in the photo would have been necessary, as those are usually just to update already-installed copies to the latest version; the base installer is usually updated to the latest version as well.)
Hey!

OOof, one month later. Yeah I just just install it by release date. So base game, then the little ones, then fathers promise, then the last broadcast and finally the fading embers DLCs. I skipped the patches since they looked like they were gonna be downgrades anyways. I mean look at the DLC patches - patch 4.0.0.0A - downgrade from 6.0.7.4, what??!

Also which is GOG build number and version number?
HunchBluntley: Late reply, so I hope you'd already figured some of this out:

Newbie: Hey!

OOof, one month later. Yeah I just just install it by release date. So base game, then the little ones, then fathers promise, then the last broadcast and finally the fading embers DLCs. I skipped the patches since they looked like they were gonna be downgrades anyways. I mean look at the DLC patches - patch 4.0.0.0A - downgrade from 6.0.7.4, what??!

In most installers from the last few years, there's a number immediately after the name of the game or DLC, followed by another number in parentheses. The first is the dev's (or publisher's) own version, and can vary quite a bit in length and style. The number in parentheses is GOG's internal build number, which is pretty much always a five-digit numeric string.

There are also some old games that have been on GOG for years, and which haven't been updated by their developer or publisher at all (on account of being at least 2 or 3 decades old), so they've retained GOG's old versioning -- the installer files will ONLY show GOG's (old-style) internal version number ("1.0", "2.0", etc.), and not bother displaying the actual game version. Actually, it's highly probably that most recently-released, un-remastered old games still don't have the "real" version number in the file name; I don't buy many decades-old games, but pretty much none of the ones I have seem to have anything that looks like the original version number (though sometimes it's hard to tell, as with The Elder Scrolls: Arena and Daggerfall).
Newbie: Hey!

HunchBluntley: In most installers from the last few years, there's a number immediately after the name of the game or DLC, followed by another number in parentheses. The first is the dev's (or publisher's) own version, and can vary quite a bit in length and style. The number in parentheses is GOG's internal build number, which is pretty much always a five-digit numeric string.

There are also some old games that have been on GOG for years, and which haven't been updated by their developer or publisher at all (on account of being at least 2 or 3 decades old), so they've retained GOG's old versioning -- the installer files will ONLY show GOG's (old-style) internal version number ("1.0", "2.0", etc.), and not bother displaying the actual game version. Actually, it's highly probably that most recently-released, un-remastered old games still don't have the "real" version number in the file name; I don't buy many decades-old games, but pretty much none of the ones I have seem to have anything that looks like the original version number (though sometimes it's hard to tell, as with The Elder Scrolls: Arena and Daggerfall).
OOohhhh, was wondering what those numbers in paranthesis were....so they're GOG's build number. And the numbers before that is the actual game version and you need both to be the same. Why doesn't GOG just combine the installers instead of separating them out like this? Confuses people without install order... There are some games that have all DLCs in one install and all I have to do is double click that exe file to install and thats it.

Also they should add some sort of download verification method, like a file hash to verify that you didn't download a corrupted file (would also ensure there is won't be a nasty man in the middle slipstreaming a virus into your exe file as you download the file because you would hash the file first (which shouldn't activate the virus unless it was coded to activate even if you harmlessly hash the file....) before executing it and thus the virus) only to install it and the game crashing because the installer file you downloaded was corrupted and installed a corrupted game.