It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I am attempting to play Thief Gold using Wineskin on my mac. I have downloaded the latest setup and patch files.

I have installed setup_thief_gold_2.0.0.46.exe, and the game is able to run.
However, when I attempt to install patch_thief_gold_2.0.3.49 I get an error message. Here is the patch log:

Thief GOLD patch log
Incorrect version of: C:\GOG Games\Thief GOLD\cam.cfg
Incorrect version of: C:\GOG Games\Thief GOLD\!NewDark_note.txt
Incorrect version of: C:\GOG Games\Thief GOLD\miss16.mis.dml
Incorrect version of: C:\GOG Games\Thief GOLD\miss3.mis.dml
File not found (for copying): C:\GOG Games\Thief GOLD\backup\THIEF.EXE
File not found (for copying): C:\GOG Games\Thief GOLD\THIEF_ND.EXE

Regarding the last two lines of the patch log, the file THIEF.EXE does not currently exist inside "C:\GOG Games\Thief GOLD\backup\", there are actually two folders here: ddfix and no_ddfix. The THIEF.EXE is inside both of these two subfolders. So the patch seems to be looking in the wrong location? Furthermore, currently there is no THIEF_ND.EXE in C:\GOG Games\Thief GOLD\, I only have a THIEF.EXE file located there.

Any help would be appreciated, I am very new to Wineskin and Windows games.
This question / problem has been solved by DeMignonimage
01kipper: Any help would be appreciated, I am very new to Wineskin and Windows games.
Hey 01kipper, I think you're fine. It looks like you had successfully applied the patch and tried to do so a second time.
\backup\THIEF.EXE and THIEF_ND.EXE are only present in the unpatched version and are deleted by the patch. Further \backup\ddfix and \backup\no_ddfix as well as \Thief GOLD\THIEF.EXE don't exist before, but are added by the patch. "Incorrect version" probably just means it's already the patched version.
Post edited February 06, 2015 by DeMignon
01kipper: Any help would be appreciated, I am very new to Wineskin and Windows games.
DeMignon: Hey 01kipper, I think you're fine. It looks like you had successfully applied the patch and tried to do so a second time.
\backup\THIEF.EXE and THIEF_ND.EXE are only present in the unpatched version and are deleted by the patch. Further \backup\ddfix and \backup\no_ddfix as well as \Thief GOLD\THIEF.EXE don't exist before, but are added by the patch. "Incorrect version" probably just means it's already the patched version.
Hmmmm, that is possible. When I first tried to install the patch I got a slightly different error message (something about unable to locate the .exe file, unfortunately I didn't save the details). So I tried to run the patch again and got the error I posted above. I guess it's installed after all.

Thanks DeMignon, you're always very helpful around the game sub-forums and it's very much appreciated!
you could also patch up manually.
voodoo47: you could also patch up manually.
Thanks, I just patched it manually, to be on the safe side :).