It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have been wondering why with the release of SS2 that GOG hasn't updated any of the Thief games to download version 2.00? SS2 also has NewDark installed by default and it would be a nice addition for Thief 1&2 so I don't have to download the mod from untrusted sites.
Post edited March 14, 2013 by daveG93
as discussed and explained elsewhere, every potential change to the GOG builds needs to be submitted for approval to the entity that has allowed GOG to sell the game in question. this process can be quite straightforward - for example, Night Dive is quite cooperative so getting System Shock2 patched up is pretty easy, but I can imagine things are much worse with a mega-company that does not really give a damn like Square.

also do note that fixing up Thief is not just about using the latest executable - there is a lot of other things that need a fix, so even if GOG would indeed incorporate NewDark into their Thief games, you would still need the patchers to get rid of gameplay problems.
Post edited March 15, 2013 by voodoo47
Yeah, it's an issue of getting permission from the rights-holders. Fortunately, you can still apply all the new patches yourself if you so desire.
and maybe, just maybe you could perhaps use the auto patcher from the sticky that does everything for you.

well, it can't fetch you beer. yet.