It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So yea I'm sorry if this has been brought up a million times, I did a quick search of the forum but got confused, I'm getting old.

I've never played Thief 1,2 or 3 and I want to start with Thief 1 but want to know of any essential mods worth installing before I start? I see TFix mentioned a lot and Necroage, NewDark etc but then NewDark seems to be part of the GoG installation so do I need TFix? I just don't know, if some kind folk could help me please and perhaps list in order what mods a Thief newb like me might want to use that would be great thanks.
This question / problem has been solved by Plokite_Wolfimage
hrveey: So yea I'm sorry if this has been brought up a million times, I did a quick search of the forum but got confused, I'm getting old.

I've never played Thief 1,2 or 3 and I want to start with Thief 1 but want to know of any essential mods worth installing before I start? I see TFix mentioned a lot and Necroage, NewDark etc but then NewDark seems to be part of the GoG installation so do I need TFix? I just don't know, if some kind folk could help me please and perhaps list in order what mods a Thief newb like me might want to use that would be great thanks.
Don't play mods before finishing the storylines. TFix and Tafferpatcher have mostly bugfixes and compatibility fixes, and you can (should) use them despite having NewDark.
Hey thanks buddy, I'll grab tafferpatcher as I have TFix already. I did try Necroage after doing some digging on mods but prefered the game without it. I will play the game with just TFix. Oh, looks like tafferpatcher is for Thief 2 only, I'll just stick with TFix for Thief 1.

Thanks.
Post edited September 03, 2017 by hrveey
you should patch T2 up with TafferPatcher though, as mentioned, the bugfixed levels are well worth it. same with T3, go find the Sneaky Upgrade.
Post edited September 04, 2017 by voodoo47
Thanks, I will patch up T2 and T3 when I get round to playing them.
hrveey: Thanks, I will patch up T2 and T3 when I get round to playing them.
Listen to voodoo47. He's the ultimate Thief guru around here.

I advise turning down the lights for atmosphere. :)