It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey all

I have finished the 'No Place like Home' quest in B&W and yet I cannot use the alchemy table to dismantle mutagens (I have a bunch of monster mutagens that I have no use for). The other table that allows one extra bomb works fine.

I should note that the alchemy table glows red in witcher senses, however the only interaction i can have with it is extinguishing or igniting the candle on top of it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Same here. I managed to use the table only once when it was found and now I can only interact with the candle. For me it glows orange though, not red.
Same problem(
Haemon94: Hey all

I have finished the 'No Place like Home' quest in B&W and yet I cannot use the alchemy table to dismantle mutagens (I have a bunch of monster mutagens that I have no use for). The other table that allows one extra bomb works fine.

I should note that the alchemy table glows red in witcher senses, however the only interaction i can have with it is extinguishing or igniting the candle on top of it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Any item that has not been identified ("special" item that is) will keep glowing red when you use your witcher senses.
Once Geralt "knows" what the item is, he can use it/pick it up.
If you only can light the candles - they have not to be identified, so: identify the table for what it is, and then (if you still can only access the candles) step aside a bit so that the table is the main object within reach.

Good luck!
Post edited June 04, 2016 by zerebrush
Same problem here. The first time it worked fine but now it glows red and there are no interaction options anyomore.
zerebrush: Any item that has not been identified ("special" item that is) will keep glowing red when you use your witcher senses.
If you only can light the candles - they have not to be identified, so: identify the table for what it is, and then (if you still can only access the candles) step aside a bit so that the table is the main object within reach.

Good luck!
It's not the usual problem of having trouble targeting stuff because of candles etc. it's a legit bug. There is no position or angle that will let you use the lab.

I had the same issue and it even happened twice. When I first gained access to the lab I could use it normally but when I later came back, the "Use" prompt didn't show up (it was glowing orange when sensing.) Unfortunately I didn't make use of it when I could, so I decided to reload an earlier save from before I discovered the lab.

This time I made sure to convert all the mutagens I had immediately so it wouldn't be a big deal if I encountered the same bug again, which it turns out I did. Upon returning to the lab later, it was again impossible to use.
zerebrush: Any item that has not been identified ("special" item that is) will keep glowing red when you use your witcher senses.

Good luck!
Pyoko: It's not the usual problem of having trouble targeting stuff because of candles etc. it's a legit bug. There is no position or angle that will let you use the lab.

I had the same issue and it even happened twice. When I first gained access to the lab I could use it normally but when I later came back, the "Use" prompt didn't show up (it was glowing orange when sensing.) Unfortunately I didn't make use of it when I could, so I decided to reload an earlier save from before I discovered the lab.

This time I made sure to convert all the mutagens I had immediately so it wouldn't be a big deal if I encountered the same bug again, which it turns out I did. Upon returning to the lab later, it was again impossible to use.
Precisely. Unfortunately by the time i returned I no longer had access to a prior savegame. As such I make do with killing monsters and converting RGB mutagens.

Clearly a bug then, thanks for the feedback folks.

We must clearly await the next patch.
Pyoko: It's not the usual problem of having trouble targeting stuff because of candles etc. it's a legit bug. There is no position or angle that will let you use the lab.
I just find it odd that only a few people come across this issue. If it was a "legit bug" then it would be globally widespread. I have no problem with the alchemy lab. In fact, the only 'bug' I've come across in the expansion is Roach's lack of tail.
Hickory: I just find it odd that only a few people come across this issue. If it was a "legit bug" then it would be globally widespread. I have no problem with the alchemy lab. In fact, the only 'bug' I've come across in the expansion is Roach's lack of tail.
I've also encountered this bug. Odd or not, there's the problem to be solved.
Hickory: I just find it odd that only a few people come across this issue. If it was a "legit bug" then it would be globally widespread. I have no problem with the alchemy lab. In fact, the only 'bug' I've come across in the expansion is Roach's lack of tail.
The fact that it's not more widespread probably just means that it is something very specific you have to do to trigger it. Like the renovation bug which supposedly only happens if you leave Toussaint during that quest.
Pyoko: The fact that it's not more widespread probably just means that it is something very specific you have to do to trigger it. Like the renovation bug which supposedly only happens if you leave Toussaint during that quest.
That's a good point, and you may be right.
Pyoko: The fact that it's not more widespread probably just means that it is something very specific you have to do to trigger it. Like the renovation bug which supposedly only happens if you leave Toussaint during that quest.
This is probably the very case. According to the feedback, if you'd renovated the house at Corvo Bianco before visiting the Moreau's Lab, you'll encounter the bug. Completing the Moreau's quest before renovating the estate will help to avoid this. Still, this is not even close to a complete solution of the problem.
Pseudonaja_T: This is probably the very case. According to the feedback, if you'd renovated the house at Corvo Bianco before visiting the Moreau's Lab, you'll encounter the bug. Completing the Moreau's quest before renovating the estate will help to avoid this. Still, this is not even close to a complete solution of the problem.
Think you are right concerning going to Moreau first, and only then bother about Corvo Bianco.
The main reason to go to Moreau (and do it early in the game) is all about mutagens.
So the lab at Corvo Bianco looks for some kind of a trigger/flag - whatever that points out "been to Moreau" - or not.

Still - if you look at the way you have to act to get the Moreau bit started - you have to be at a certain place at a time before you visit Corvo Bianco (but only after some events at the castle) >> pretty good chance that the lab will get "ruined" without the player being at fault.
Pseudonaja_T: This is probably the very case. According to the feedback, if you'd renovated the house at Corvo Bianco before visiting the Moreau's Lab, you'll encounter the bug. Completing the Moreau's quest before renovating the estate will help to avoid this. Still, this is not even close to a complete solution of the problem.
zerebrush: Think you are right concerning going to Moreau first, and only then bother about Corvo Bianco.
The main reason to go to Moreau (and do it early in the game) is all about mutagens.
So the lab at Corvo Bianco looks for some kind of a trigger/flag - whatever that points out "been to Moreau" - or not.

Still - if you look at the way you have to act to get the Moreau bit started - you have to be at a certain place at a time before you visit Corvo Bianco (but only after some events at the castle) >> pretty good chance that the lab will get "ruined" without the player being at fault.
I still hope for a decent patch. It's too late for me to go back and load the old save (I've noticed this bug after hours of playing), and considering "Death March" difficulty some red mutagens would come in handy. Fortunately I've farmed some on previous storylines, and there's also nice recipe with nightshade (the latter you can grow in the "greenhouse").
Post edited June 07, 2016 by Pseudonaja_T
Same here.