It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all,

Have a problem. I've just downloaded all the files (not using Galaxy) to update the game to v1.10 and Hearts of Stone DLC. Started off with the base game upgrade without any problems but it crashed mid-install. When trying again, it said installer is not compatible with current version of the game and won't let me proceed. Loading up the game still works and tells me I am v1.10 despite crashing half way through.

So I go on to HoS, that installer says I need 1.10 for it to install. So it seems before it crashed, the game upgraded enough not to be the v1.08 but didn't complete upgrading to v1.10. Leaving me in limbo between the two where nothing works.

I could uninstall and reinstall the entire game again, then upgrade the two new additions. If I do that, assuming I put the save game backups in the same place (documents>Witcher 3>gamesaves), it should work, right? Or am I missing something crucial?

Alternatively, is there any other fixes I can do to resolve the issue?
Post edited October 14, 2015 by El_Marto
El_Marto: I could uninstall and reinstall the entire game again, then upgrade the two new additions. If I do that, assuming I put the save game backups in the same place (documents>Witcher 3>gamesaves), it should work, right?
Yes, that will work, and seeing as a major patch crashed in the middle, it's your only option.
Do I have the location of the save files correct? There's no secondary location with other save data of some sort in? Might seem like an obvious and stupid question but with so much time invested into the game, I can't lose them.
Post edited October 14, 2015 by El_Marto
Bit the bullet and reinstalled. It asked if I wanted to keep save data anyway. All works fine now, DLC and v10. Case closed!

Thanks for your input there, Hickory.
El_Marto: Bit the bullet and reinstalled. It asked if I wanted to keep save data anyway. All works fine now, DLC and v10. Case closed!

Thanks for your input there, Hickory.
Excellent, I'm glad you got it sorted. Have fun.
El_Marto: I could uninstall and reinstall the entire game again, then upgrade the two new additions. If I do that, assuming I put the save game backups in the same place (documents>Witcher 3>gamesaves), it should work, right?
Hickory: Yes, that will work, and seeing as a major patch crashed in the middle, it's your only option.
I've got the same problem as El Marto, only reinstalling didn't work for me. I even downloaded the game files plus the 1.10 patch again--via the GOG Downloader--but the patch keeps freezing/crashing on me. Too bad, as the game ran perfectly for me on patch 1.06. Hopefully the guys at CD Project Red are working on it, or I can kiss playing the expansion packs goodbye...
Post edited October 16, 2015 by Jar4Cookies
You just need to wait a little longer, on older machines the 1.10 patch installation may seem as if it is stuck or broken, but it is working. It took me about 30-40 min for it to finish.
ivanmv: You just need to wait a little longer, on older machines the 1.10 patch installation may seem as if it is stuck or broken, but it is working. It took me about 30-40 min for it to finish.
Oh, thanks, I'll try to be more patient next time when installing it! ;-)
Was the same here. I had to wait about 30 minutes a then the 1.10 update was finish.
After this I installed the "Hearts of stone" DLC without problems ;)