It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So I'm in Act III, both quests active, we go "someplace where the walls don't have ears" with Triss and BOOM, nothing happens for either quest. Is there a known workaround for this?
Rivereyes: So I'm in Act III, both quests active, we go "someplace where the walls don't have ears" with Triss and BOOM, nothing happens for either quest. Is there a known workaround for this?
These quests have been broken for some time now (I think since 1.06 or 1.07). CDPR seems intent on fixing the achievement-related bugs these days; I'm not sure if/when they'll address some of the remaining quest bugs, including the statuette quests and the quests that fail retroactively after being completed (e.g., Cave of Dreams, Reason of State). I'm not aware of any workaround at present.

I just wish we didn't have to download a 2GB+ file on GOG each time they patch the game. I avoided Galaxy because I heard it had so many problems, but at this point it may be the lesser of two evils for those of us with data caps each month. Or, I guess I'll just wait for a substantial patch before updating again (achievements are fun, but I can live without them).
Post edited August 24, 2015 by EvanTheJet
Those 2 quests are not really bugged, per se - they just need to be completed prior to starting "A Matter of Life and Death and "Now or Never" - the "Triss" quests in Novigrad.

There are a few that have stated that these can be completed later in the game, but I have been unable to confirm that.

You can do both of these while doing the "A matter of Life and Death" with Triss - but you will not get any opportunity to do them once you finish that quest.

Be forewarned...
Well I can confirm that I romanced Yen, thought I'd never see Triss again after Now or Never and now we're all jolly together in Act III with those two quests super-active, just unable to be resolved. It's honestly frustrating.
Since I'm right near the finale of the game, is there any chance of knowing whether or not these quests are going to be adressed soon? Should I wait for a patch or just go ahead and finish this epic?
Rivereyes: Since I'm right near the finale of the game, is there any chance of knowing whether or not these quests are going to be adressed soon? Should I wait for a patch or just go ahead and finish this epic?
It could be a while before we see a substantial patch (and by substantial, I mean a patch that fixes more than a few broken achievements). I don't think there has been any mention of a 1.09 patch and corresponding release date, but I could be mistaken. I would go ahead and finish the game. While I am a completionist myself, it's not worth halting all progress and risk losing your attachment to the story to wait for a patch with no current release date scheduled.

I assume this is your first playthrough,and if it is, you're in for an amazing finale (in my personal opinion, at least), which is not worth putting off for two insignificant side quests that may or may not be fixed in the near future.
Done deal, that's the encouragement I was waiting for :)
Rivereyes: So I'm in Act III, both quests active, we go "someplace where the walls don't have ears" with Triss and BOOM, nothing happens for either quest. Is there a known workaround for this?
Same here, i romanced triss and im in ACT 3 in novigrad and i can talk to her in her room at Dandelion's place. I show her the stattuette and as you point out we are moved to some place in the bits. At that point triss says "Lets get to work" but nothing happens. She stands there and if i talk to her there are just generic chatting options.

I will not halt my progress because of this quest but my OCD is giving me a hard time lol
These quests are bugged for me as well, but mine play out a bit differently. When I attempt these quests, Triss actually casts the decompression spell and the cutscenes play out. However, once the cutscenes finish, I am back in the streets of Novigrad, but the quests never complete. I still get the prompt to talk to Triss, and each quest item is ticked off as completed, but the quest as a whole never registers as complete.
You aren't missing anything as there is nothing to these "quests". Its just disconnected scenes of people randomly appearing for [a briefly] explained reason.
Post edited August 26, 2015 by darkness58ec
Same problem for me :(

I guess it's not worthing to wait for a patch just for one little side quest but the completionist in me is hurt !