It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey Folk,

Downloaded TW3-GOTY edition, and it is laggyAF. I have a Razer Blade 15 with 32GB- RAM, and an RTX 2070 GPU, i7-8750, and even on the lowest settings for everything, with WiFi off, and the system set to "Performance" it is stuttering and slow to respond; practically unplayable.

Any advice on how to fix this? It doesn't make sense that with such high-speed hardware there should be such a problem. Any info you have would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot!
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
mbodie88: Downloaded TW3-GOTY edition, and it is laggyAF. I have a Razer Blade 15 with 32GB- RAM, and an RTX 2070 GPU, i7-8750, and even on the lowest settings for everything, with WiFi off, and the system set to "Performance" it is stuttering and slow to respond; practically unplayable.
That's weird indeed. Unfortunately there are 1000 possible reasons.

It's the vanilla version, you don't use any cheats, mods etc., right?

You used the repair function (galaxy -> more)?

Try this one:

[url=https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Witcher_3:_Wild_Hunt#Microstutter]https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Witcher_3:_Wild_Hunt#Microstutter[/url]
Post edited May 19, 2019 by MaxStrauss
If you encounter a technical issue with The Witcher 3: Game Of The Year Edition, feel free to submit a ticket here, our tech support will be happy to assist you.
Post edited May 20, 2019 by Tixije
I cannot even get my download to start, also cannot create a ticket. Horrible experience with GOG. Are you guys even legit? never have an issue using steam.
The easiest solution would be to ignore the galaxy lunacy, and download the standalone installer. Install that.
Frank_Joji: I cannot even get my download to start, also cannot create a ticket. Horrible experience with GOG. Are you guys even legit? never have an issue using steam.
Don't hijack somebody else's thread. This is a thread about a specific issue with specific hardware. Create your own question with appropriate details. DON'T forget the details.
THANKS DAD.

What do you mean stand alone installer? Like download using web broswer?
Post edited May 22, 2019 by Frank_Joji
mbodie88: Hey Folk,

Downloaded TW3-GOTY edition, and it is laggyAF. I have a Razer Blade 15 with 32GB- RAM, and an RTX 2070 GPU, i7-8750, and even on the lowest settings for everything, with WiFi off, and the system set to "Performance" it is stuttering and slow to respond; practically unplayable.

Any advice on how to fix this? It doesn't make sense that with such high-speed hardware there should be such a problem. Any info you have would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot!
Check your screen refresh rate. If its 144hz and u cant hit to 144fps it might looks like laggy.
Go to nvidia settings and check if GSync is enable then u dont have to hit to 144fps

Remember that notebooks gpu isnt that good as desktop version. For example rtx 2080 from notebook perform like rtx 2060 in desktop and remember about throthling which happen often in notebooks.
Still i think that u should run this game on high/ultra (without hairworks) with around 100 fps
mbodie88: Hey Folk,

Thanks a lot!
Maybe the game does not start with the 2070 but with the GPU from the CPU. Force the game by right-clicking on Witcher3.exe and then selecting the Nvidia GPU to start.

If it is a notebook, the GeForce Experience can also be set to Whisper Mode. This also cuts the performance extremely.

Translated by Google
In fact, there can be many reasons. Check the RAM, at what frequencies it works. check hard disk for bad sectors
If using windows 10 go to mouse settings and disable pointer precision thingy, I had stutters on witcher 3 for that reason, if you have hardware cursor on disable it, than disable pointer precision in windows mouse settings, problem should be gone, if its ram issue though try to clear standby memory windows 10 has issules lately with that.

also Hickory stfu stop trying to hijack this thread stealhy attention whore, by saying to other ppl they hijack this thread, ppl are not stupid here we can smell ur bull shit from brexit to center of europe.