It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello, i recently saved all my game installation files to an external HD and when i installed The Witcher 3 i found it stopped working after using the 131 to 132 update.

First there is a slight graphical bug when the progress bar of the installation is mismatched with the underlying grey bar that shows the space fpr the progress bar - the blue progress bar is half the width and exceeds the length of the grey bar.

Second the update will say it is complete, sometimes it will show an error message regarding some metastore thing.

Third the Game will not start and the Desktop Icon is gone for a blank of paper icon.

GOG Galaxy also will not start the game.

-----

Installing the game without the 131 to 132 update will have no issues.
But i am not happy that GOG Galaxy automatically takes control of it when you start the game up and does not give you the choice - albeit the GOG Galaxy 132 update works flawless.

It is only the stand alone update 131 to 132 file that has the issue!

Hopes for a fix and with best regards

T.
Post edited November 25, 2022 by Thorqemada
132 version only adds chinese language or somesuch, it doesn't change or fix anything else. In other words, unless you want to play in chinese, you don't need 1.32 because it's identical to 1.31 in every other way. Although at this point, I'd wait for the remaster in a couple of weeks.
Post edited November 25, 2022 by anzial
Thx for the info!

Since i have GOG Galaxy installed it will update the game as soon as i start it up bcs it starts Galaxy first and then Galaxy takes control over it - gladly that at least the Galaxy applied update works!

My intention was to have all games independent from Galaxy and the use of Galaxy only optional, in that way TW3 tricks me from having it.

Yeah, the release of the NG is not much away so i will start very probably there instead of the classic one - that was more a check to see if it will run from the files.

I downloaded 720GB of stand alone installation files (stored on an external 4TB HD) for all my GOG Games and it would be a shame something would not work for some download error!

Got myself a new GPU on Black Friday so i am eager to test it out.
The XFX SWFT 309 RX 6700XT is my first GPU capable of raytracing and as i have a 4k Screen i want to try FSR upscaling to 4k anyway and my old RX480 8GB is a little to weak for that.

Good gaming times ahead i hope! :)
yeah, it kinda sucks GOG doesn't provide checksums for downloaded installation files, it's possible something got corrupted during download although the installer does include internal checksum verification but it doesn't apply to the downloaded files, just the game files they contain.
anzial: yeah, it kinda sucks GOG doesn't provide checksums for downloaded installation files, it's possible something got corrupted during download although the installer does include internal checksum verification but it doesn't apply to the downloaded files, just the game files they contain.
I posted all checksums for TW3 GOTY here:

https://www.gog.com/forum/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/offer_the_witcher_3_offline_installer_download_md5_hashes
anzial: yeah, it kinda sucks GOG doesn't provide checksums for downloaded installation files, it's possible something got corrupted during download although the installer does include internal checksum verification but it doesn't apply to the downloaded files, just the game files they contain.
jpospis: I posted all checksums for TW3 GOTY here:

https://www.gog.com/forum/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/offer_the_witcher_3_offline_installer_download_md5_hashes
it's not the same thing as official GOG checksums. Besides, I prefer higher level checksums.