It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

magnificat: 3: with sudden 180 turns, there is a slight drop (and the game is on ssd, so no texture load problem)
Goodmongo: That ones easy to explain. You have blur on. It's working as designed. If you hate it turn blur off.
every settings is the same it was with 1.02... but the result is not the same.
Hi Guys.
Had constant high FPS with everything on ultra + hairworks in 1.02. After 1.03, every 3 or 4 seconds the game is stuttering. Its unplayable.
Lowered Textures. Turned off hairworks. Still the same problem. Reinstalled, back to 1.02, everything is fine.

I understand that this patch (1.03) made the game much better for a lot o people. But no reason to complain if some us are reporting bad performance. Saying that the game became better for you doesn’t help a lot. I’m seen this thread in a lot of forums in the past hours. Seems to affect more high-end PCs, though I can be wrong.

For now I will use 1.02. But I just don’t want to be unable to update anymore and receive some improvements (inventory, for example), just because the patch screwed up my experience.

Hope the guys on CD project see this and make some adjustments for the next patch.

I5 4570k
GTX 780 Ti superclocked
8Gb RAM
SSD 256Gb

Sorry for my english, Lucas

edit: fixed PC config
Post edited May 22, 2015 by witcherlucas
Patch 1.03 works well here so far. Played a little and no crashes, plus it seems performance is about the same.
gabrysgab: My performance in game went from enjoyable to almost unplayable. On 1.0.2 i got some occasionaly freezes but on 1.0.3 it's almost constant stuttering. I had to remove the game and install it once again to go back to 1.0.2. I hope that there is an option to rollback to patch of our choice in the future. My system is quite bad but on 1.0.2 the games looks amazingly good for such low spec.
Edit: forgot to add that after the patch even the menus were stuttering and the game didn't close properly - sound from the game keep going after exiting and the game process was still up

My system :
Intel Pentium G2130 3,2GHz
Radeon HD 7770 1GB
4GB ram
RetroRebel: I'm pretty sure you're short on RAM. That'd explain the stuttering.
I know that my computer isn't a beast :D, my point was that on patch 1.0.2 game worked well, after installing 1.0.3 the stuttering started. Right now i disabled automatic updated and installed the game once again with patch 1.0.2 and i can play quite comfortable.
witcherlucas: Hi Guys.
Had constant high FPS with everything on ultra + hairworks in 1.02. After 1.03, every 3 or 4 seconds the game is stuttering. Its unplayable.
Lowered Textures. Turned off hairworks. Still the same problem. Reinstalled, back to 1.02, everything is fine.

I understand that this patch (1.03) made the game much better for a lot o people. But no reason to complain if some us are reporting bad performance. Saying that the game became better for you doesn’t help a lot. I’m seen this thread in a lot of forums in the past hours. Seems to affect more high-end PCs, though I can be wrong.

For now I will use 1.02. But I just don’t want to be unable to update anymore and receive some improvements (inventory, for example), just because the patch screwed up my experience.

Hope the guys on CD project see this and make some adjustments for the next patch.

I5 4570k
GTX 780 Ti superclocked
8Gb RAM
SSD 256Gb

Same problem here on i7 with Nvida SLI cards. After 1.03 update I cannot play at all.
gabrysgab: My performance in game went from enjoyable to almost unplayable. On 1.0.2 i got some occasionaly freezes but on 1.0.3 it's almost constant stuttering. I had to remove the game and install it once again to go back to 1.0.2. I hope that there is an option to rollback to patch of our choice in the future. My system is quite bad but on 1.0.2 the games looks amazingly good for such low spec.
Edit: forgot to add that after the patch even the menus were stuttering and the game didn't close properly - sound from the game keep going after exiting and the game process was still up

My system :
Radeon HD 7770 1GB
4GB ram
This guy perfectly describe my experience with the 1.03 patch.

I have an i3-4150, 8 GB RAM, GTX 960, nvidia drivers 352.86 and I was playing happily until patch 1.03. When I click to continue the game there are a scene that seems like to freeze every 2 seconds. When the game is loaded there are freezes.

I'm to lazy to remove and install again, should I wait another patch?

EDIT: After patch 1.03 the game lasts closing for 30 seconds.
Post edited May 22, 2015 by anthsoul

My system :
Radeon HD 7770 1GB
4GB ram
anthsoul: This guy perfectly describe my experience with the 1.03 patch.

I have an i3-4150, 8 GB RAM, GTX 960, nvidia drivers 352.86 and I was playing happily until patch 1.03. When I click to continue the game there are a scene that seems like to freeze every 2 seconds. When the game is loaded there are freezes.

I'm to lazy to remove and install again, should I wait another patch?

EDIT: After patch 1.03 the game lasts closing for 30 seconds.
Can you somehow downgrade the game without re-downloading the whole thing?
magnificat: every settings is the same it was with 1.02... but the result is not the same.
You should double-check that. Installing the patch reset a bunch of graphics settings for me and initially ran horribly until I re-set them.
Post edited May 23, 2015 by Offkorn
before the patch the crashes were seldom. with this new patch the performance is better but the game crashed to desktop, no errors or anything it just crashes with the sounds still there and then it closed down. it crashes every 10-20 minutes or so. I do notice the fans on my card (gtx 960) get really loud before it crashes. Honestly the game is pretty much unplayable for me now. The game ran great last night when I first downloaded the patch, no crashes at all and now it crashes constantly. The game right now it unplayable for me.
witcherlucas: Hi Guys.

I5 4570k
GTX 780 Ti superclocked
8Gb RAM
SSD 256Gb

tiny_c: Same problem here on i7 with Nvida SLI cards. After 1.03 update I cannot play at all.
Maybe the more severe cases of FPS dropping are ocurring in the Kepler GPUs?

I just saw this on the nVidia site: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/833016/geforce-700-600-series/gtx-780-possible-fail-as-performance-in-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-/post/4537394/#4537394

What GPUs are you using guys?

Mine is GTX 780Ti. 1.03 is unplayable here.