It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This diagram is a nightmare to find. Lesser runestone blank. The one needed to craft own runestones.
because we're running on version 1.12 now, it's been moved and it makes all guides and videos I've looked through totally useless.

I am currently level 27, and haven't completed the story yet.
I've been to all the characters where people claimed it used to be - I've checked The Peller, smiths in Arinbjorn, Kaer Muire, the vendor in White Orchid, etc.

does anybody have any insight where it is, or where you found it or anything...

i can't find any reputable source to it's location since 2015.

Please help.
Post edited May 27, 2016 by woody28
If it's been moved, as you suggest, then it's probably been put into the loot tables, which (unfortunately) will make it random. However, Keira Metz sells all runestones, including blanks -- she's actually the best source.
Hickory: If it's been moved, as you suggest, then it's probably been put into the loot tables, which (unfortunately) will make it random. However, Keira Metz sells all runestones, including blanks -- she's actually the best source.
yep, she sells all diagrams EXCEPT the lesser blank runestone needed to craft the others.
This is crazy! I cannot for the life of me find this diagram. If not even Keira sells it, where else could it possibly be.
I certainly hope it's not a random drop. Since it's required to make your own stones. Bit of a dick move that is...
You can buy blanks from many vendors.
Peetz: You can buy blanks from many vendors.
example?
Hickory: Keira Metz sells all runestones
woody28: yep, she sells all diagrams EXCEPT the lesser blank runestone needed to craft the others.
No, you're wrong. I just loaded a save (patch 1.12.1) from before doing Keira's quests, and she *does* have all the diagrams. See attached image.
Attachments:
woody28: yep, she sells all diagrams EXCEPT the lesser blank runestone needed to craft the others.
Hickory: No, you're wrong. I just loaded a save (patch 1.12.1) from before doing Keira's quests, and she *does* have all the diagrams. See attached image.
oh damn. of course it had to be before 1.12 haha.

I checked her wares at Kaer Morhen and she sells a few of the blank stones, just not the diagram. That's something I guess.

I love exploring and whatnot, but why the f did they have to make a basic diagram so bloody hard to find.. lol.