It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

When I launch the game, I systematically get a black screen and then a popup windows with the message "The Witcher 3 has stopped working".

I tried to install the game first without Galaxy and then with Galaxy (=> extra 10 hours download !), but the result is the same.

Did anyone manage to run the game on a laptop with an "Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000" card ?
Knowing it would be useful to decide on which direction to investigate.
Post edited May 20, 2015 by Feroi
This question / problem has been solved by DeMignonimage
Did you look at the minimum requirments for the game the intel hd graphics 4000 is waaaay below minimum requirments for it....
Feroi: ...Did anyone manage to run the game on a laptop with an "Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000" card ?
I'm sorry to say this, but the Intel HD 4000 is way too weak for The Witcher 3.
See here:
http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=864&gid2=591&compare=intel-hd-graphics-4000-mobile-vs-geforce-gtx-660
It's a quick comparison of the minimum required card and the Intel HD 4000 chip.

With your laptop, it's probably not only the graphics chip, but also the CPU and maybe RAM that is below the minimum specs of the game, which is very demanding btw.
Post edited May 20, 2015 by DeMignon
Yes, I know that the card is weak for the game. But my machine fulfils all the other requirements (CPU, RAM, DirectX, ...). So I was still hoping that I could run the game with all settings at their minimum.

Thank you for your answers from which I understand that my hopes are probably too high.
But still I am interested by feedback of "Intel HD Graphics 4000" owners.

BTW, according to steam statistics, beginning of the year 5.24% of the users were playing on Intel HD Graphics 4000 = the most popular GPU .
Post edited May 20, 2015 by Feroi
Feroi: But still I am interested by feedback of "Intel HD Graphics 4000" owners.

BTW, according to steam statistics, beginning of the year 5.24% of the users were playing on Intel HD Graphics 4000 = the most popular GPU .
Intel Graphic chips aren't popular, but only very common because they're already embedded in lots of Intel CPUs and therefore cheaper as an additional dedicated GPU. The Witcher 3 is clearly targeting for gaming hardware. There was quite a turmoil when the minimum specs were released a few months ago, as lots of people realized that their rigs will be to old or to weak. Anyway, it's not uncommon for new games to demand for new hardware. This is as old as computer gaming and one of the driving factors for the hardware industry.

Are you sure your laptop fulfils the CPU requirements, because the mobile versions of CPUs are significantly weaker than their desktop counterparts. I'm not trying to download over 20 GB to install it on my laptop (which uses an Intel HD 4000) because I already know it won't work, especially as its CPU is to weak as well. Maybe someone else will take the time, but I'd be highly surprised if the outcome is satisfactory.

EDIT: You might be interested in following this discussion:
https://www.gog.com/forum/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/laptop_users_will_it_run
Post edited May 20, 2015 by DeMignon
Thank you for the last link.

My laptop fulfills the CPU minimum. I also made a test with a desktop which has slightly better performances ... except for the graphic "card" (an Intel Graphics chip too). The game crashes in the same way. Plus in the meantime I read messages reporting the same behavior with Intel Graphics 4000 chips.

Conclusion: very high probability that the The Witcher 3 crashes with Intel Graphics 4000 chips.