It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

When I go thru the sluice gate and swim up to the location where the padlock key is, upon clicking it, it shows 10,000 padlock keys for the Chapter House door, rather than just one. One can only pick up all of the keys, which takes up dozens of lines (100 each slot) in my Quest Items tab in my Inventory. Anyone else have this problem??, and how does one solve this issue? I don't want to be stuck with 10,000 keys in my Inventory after the quest is over....
This is not a quest bug, this is an installation bug. Remove all mods, scripts and repair your installation.
Thanks for the input and response. Here’s where I am at right now:

I don’t have any mods running currently that I am aware of, other than 3 DLC’s.

I don’t know what “scripts” are, so I am quite sure those are not running either.

Using GOG Galaxy latest version, I have done the files verification twice, once with the current game saves for the In Wolves Clothing quest, and once with them deleted, and my computer restarted.

Sorry, no dice, same thing, 10,000 padlock keys show up at the quest location.

It’s not a show stopper for completing the game, but a bit disappointing. Does not appear to be a singular issue for me, because there is also one other online posting with the Steam community with this same issue mentioned.

Unless it can somehow be corrected (and I don’t wish to uninstall and reinstall such a huge game, if that’s my only other option, and I don’t think this may be a guaranteed solution), then I may ignore this secondary quest and go on with the rest of the game.

But, thanks again…..
Regardless, it is *still* an installation bug -- the bug does not exist in a correctly installed game. If it's not mods or scripts, then it's a version conflict between main game and DLC.
roadtoady: I don’t have any mods running currently that I am aware of, other than 3 DLC’s.
Mods installed in past could mess with scripts. I had some problems after weight mod (removed because of lack of compatibility with 1.12.1 version).

If you don't have any mod installed (anymore) and you're using GOG Galaxy then delete "Scripts" folder:
c:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content\content0\scripts\
... and use "verify/repair" function (it will download c.a. 30 MB correct files).
Thanks for the response. Sorry that I am not that savvy w/ using Windows Explorer, so a quick question.

Do I delete the "scripts" folder in its entirely, or do I go into the "scripts" folder and just delete all of the content, and then leave the "scripts" folder in place, but empty?

(And I intend to make a backup copy of the "scripts" folder, just in case). Thanks again very much for the advice,
roadtoady: Do I delete the "scripts" folder in its entirely, or do I go into the "scripts" folder and just delete all of the content, and then leave the "scripts" folder in place, but empty?
Either, it doesn't matter so long as there are no user made scripts or scripts from older versions.
roadtoady: (And I intend to make a backup copy of the "scripts" folder, just in case). Thanks again very much for the advice,
Smart move :-)
Always make backups!

Delete entire folder "scripts" and GOG Galaxy will "Verify/Repair" it by downloading new/correct ones.
Well, I do appreciate your taking the time to offer your advisement, and so I wish to report the results.

1. I completely removed (deleted) the “scripts” folder to another safe backup location out of the GOG\The Witcher 3\ game folder system.

2. I then used the “Verify/Repair” tool with the GOG Galaxy app, to which I waited for the required time, and upon completion, checked the indicated game file folder location using Windows Explorer to verify that there was another “scripts” folder now in place from the location that I had just deleted the previous, and of course, a new one was indeed installed.

3. I then started the game back up, no problem, and fortunately, I did have one manual game save location that was in pre-completion status of the "In Wolves Clothing" secondary quest, prior to going in via a swim into the cave, to pick up the Chapter House Key.

4. So, upon doing the swimming up to that key location, I clicked “E” on it, and……… (bingo)…….I find another 10,000 Chapter House keys for me to pick up (again). I.E., no change…..

5. I do not know if you two individuals are connected with Projekt Red, however, I wonder if I should be in contact with them on this. Repeating, this is not a show-stopper (it just means that I am now just stuck with 10,000 keys in my Quest Items tab of my Inventory, to which I am not allowed to drop any of them….), but this does not appear at this point in time now to be an easy fix. As I said before, I have no mods installed, because….. I don’t know how to install them….

(However, checking the website for Nexus Mods, there is an apparent mod that allows one to remove unwanted quest items from your inventory, however, I am not sure if I want to attempt to use that mod, as, repeating, I don’t know how to install it, and that website does not provide very good instructions on how to install these mods for the game...). And I am loathe to do any further potential alterations to the game files

So…. Any further advice again would be appreciated, I know you both mean well, but I am sorry that the results are not what was expected….
GOG Galaxy is a troublesome buggy mess, seriously. My advice? Uninstall Galaxy, uninstall the game (you can keep your saved games), log in to your GOG account via your web browser;
* download the v1.10 installer
* download the v1.12.1 patch
* download the v1.12 free DLCs
* download the v1.12 Hearts of Stone

Manually install them in the order mentioned.
roadtoady: So…. Any further advice again would be appreciated, I know you both mean well, but I am sorry that the results are not what was expected….
Sorry to hear/read you still have a problem. No, I'm not working for CDPRed. Right now I'm doing NG+ in Novigrad area. It will take some time for me to advance to that quest. At least one patch for W3 will come because of new DLC so it can be changed... if it is a bug not a feature... ;-)
Thanks to you both for your input and responses, however, we now appear to be getting into the “cure-is-worse-than-the-disease” territory here, as what you’re recommending, based on my experience with the initial installation I did from game disks, would be quite a lengthy process.

A couple of things come to mind here:

The game is basically playable as it is, and the 10,000 keys in the Quest Items tab of the Inventory, are an “annoyance”, but not a game-stopper.

The other thing here is that with all of the machinations that I have already gone thru, I am not at all confident that this most recently recommended action will solve the problem, meaning that all of that effort might very likely be for naught.

And, I did contact the Support website with Projekt Red, and after fully explaining everything that had already gone on, I got a rather brain-dead response from them saying, “Sounds like a problem with an installed mod. Uninstall the mod, and verify/repair the game via GOG Galaxy..." (when I thought I was quite clear that I had no mods installed…) Ah well, that was a bit disappointing….

Butl, I guess I should come 100% clean on what I’ve done with this game. It was installed over 3 months ago, and I have invested about 170+ hours in it. And so, I have on several occasions, used a Trainer from www.cheathappens.com to augment only a few character attributes and currency amounts, but I don’t keep the Trainer running all the time, of course. When not augmenting the character (which is a very short process) it’s shut down. So, I am not sure if this constitutes a “mod” or not, because, I believe all that was changed was the saved game files, and I do not believe anything was done to the "Scripts" in that folder.

In any event, if you believe this Trainer could have been the cause of the described problem, I may then post something on the cheathappens forum for this game to see if anyone else has experienced this same thing. And, since I have been doing this for at least a couple of months ago, then I would assume that all of my saved game files have this trainer-augmented change already built in to them. If this is indeed the cause of the issue, then the only solution would be to erase all of the saved game files, start over at the beginning, and never use the trainer again. I guess I will have to consider that possibility….

Ah well, thanks again to you both for your consideration,
roadtoady: Butl, I guess I should come 100% clean on what I’ve done with this game
I have on several occasions, used a Trainer from www.cheathappens.com
That explains the 10,000 padlocks perfectly. I wish you had been upfront from the beginning: people spend their precious time to help other people out in forums like this, and don't like wasting that time. Anyway, your saved game is now corrupt, and no amount of reinstalling will help.
Sorry, but I guess I misunderstood you, I did not think that a trainer was considered to be a "mod" that I installed, when I look at websites that actually offer "mods" that alter the game code architecture (other than saved games), such as that might happen in the "scripts" folder . If that's the case, the so be it, my apologies, and I I will not trouble you again. I will bring it to the attention of the forums on cheathappens.com..

I have used numerous trainers from them in the past on other games with no discernable effect at all, so that was my assumption as well with this game.....

This case is likely now apparently closed in this forum. Again, thanks for taking the time to respond to me and let me offer my apologies one more time for misleading you and wasting your time, it was not meant to be intentional other than being due to my own lack of experience and knowledge with what mods actually are, and how the Windows gaming code system works....
roadtoady: Sorry, but I guess I misunderstood you, I did not think that a trainer was considered to be a "mod" that I installed, when I look at websites that actually offer "mods" that alter the game code architecture (other than saved games), such as that might happen in the "scripts" folder . If that's the case, the so be it, my apologies, and I I will not trouble you again. I will bring it to the attention of the forums on cheathappens.com..

I have used numerous trainers from them in the past on other games with no discernable effect at all, so that was my assumption as well with this game.....

This case is likely now apparently closed in this forum. Again, thanks for taking the time to respond to me and let me offer my apologies one more time for misleading you and wasting your time, it was not meant to be intentional other than being due to my own lack of experience and knowledge with what mods actually are, and how the Windows gaming code system works....
There's no need to apologise, really. Just be mindful in future that you include all pertinent information when requesting technical help. Things such as this may seem insignificant or irrelevant, but they are invariably very relevant.