It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Please can someone give me some advise with my update to 1.11, I'm having so many issues with the game since then. Below is the list of quests I can't complete due to people standing like statues and I can't finish killing them. It's totally ruining my enjoyment of the game. I've done as many sidequests, scavenger hunts, treasure hunts, main quests and witcher contracts as I can, & now can't go any further in the game because of this. I don't know what to do!!

#1: In Ciri's Footsteps - can't finish b/c of the other unfinished quests.
#2: Destination: Skellige - can't kill the pirates on the way to the island, they just stand there, can't go forward, can't go back in the game.
#3: Gwent: Playing Innkeeps - can't get into Stjepan's house. It's always locked.
#4: Funeral Pyres - can't kill the Eternal Fire Priest. He never moves or fights me & doesn't die.
#5: Black Pearl - can't get to Skillege to even start this quest.
#6: Following the Thread - can't get to Skillege to even start this quest.
#7: The Nobleman Statuette - can't talk to Triss cos I sent her on her way with the other mages, so this quest refuses to fail for me.... or is there another way to get to Triss so I can ask her??
#8: Novigrad, Closed City - I've found 2 people, but there's 1 that was getting attacked by 2 witch hunters. These doods were frozen & they cldn't be killed. The "victim" is forever trying to kill them. He is supposed to die. I'm supposed to get a key from him & loot his house. But he won't die either. Can't complete until the witch hunters die.... or something.
#9: The Apiarian Phantom Contract - can't open the basement. Not with Aard, not with anything. It's bugged & I can't complete it. The door is orange, shows a door open sign on it with witcher senses. There's nothing to say how to open it, it just says it's locked.

I'm up to level 20 & I play on PC windows 8.1. The game itself plays well. Does anyone know when the next patch will be b/c I can't complete the game until they fix these things!
Post edited November 29, 2015 by salbelau
Are you sure these are bugs in all cases? You should google youtube videos of how others have done them to be sure. I'm pretty sure, for instance, you have to go get a key from the questgiver in the Apiarian Phantom Contract to open the cellar. And iirc Stjepan is not in a house; he's in an inn.

That being said, the next patch will (probably) be in December according to CDPR's PR guy Marcin Momot. Do not count on any particular bugs being fixed in that patch though.
darkness58ec: Are you sure these are bugs in all cases? You should google youtube videos of how others have done them to be sure. I'm pretty sure, for instance, you have to go get a key from the questgiver in the Apiarian Phantom Contract to open the cellar. And iirc Stjepan is not in a house; he's in an inn.

That being said, the next patch will (probably) be in December according to CDPR's PR guy Marcin Momot. Do not count on any particular bugs being fixed in that patch though.
YOU are correct with the Apiarian Phantom Contract. I have discovered I was trying to get into the wrong door all this time. I had previously gone round the entire building like hundreds of times & cldn't get in.... but there you go. The rest I'm pretty sure they're bugs b/c the guys who Geralt is fighting just stand there & don't die, their health bar doesn't move. Geralt can bump them & they'll move, but he can't kill them. Hopefully they will fix this type of bug in the next patch. Other things such as boats and buildings looking like pixalised sticks (hard to describe) I can work around.

Thanks darkness!
salbelau: #2: Destination: Skellige - can't kill the pirates on the way to the island, they just stand there, can't go forward, can't go back in the game.
I've had many of the same issues. For this specific one I got through it by telling the captain to wait before getting on the ship after giving him my money. So after I gave him the money i said "i need more time". Then talked to him again and after that I was able to beat the pirates.

But I've experienced this issue with other missions as well, including the one where you have to track down the statue desecrators for that old woman. And one for one of the cat gear missions where you have to kill the dude behind the locked door and he's supposed to drop the loot but he can't be killed.
Attachments:
glitch.jpg (438 Kb)
salbelau: #2: Destination: Skellige - can't kill the pirates on the way to the island, they just stand there, can't go forward, can't go back in the game.
Deedlet: I've had many of the same issues. For this specific one I got through it by telling the captain to wait before getting on the ship after giving him my money. So after I gave him the money i said "i need more time". Then talked to him again and after that I was able to beat the pirates.

But I've experienced this issue with other missions as well, including the one where you have to track down the statue desecrators for that old woman. And one for one of the cat gear missions where you have to kill the dude behind the locked door and he's supposed to drop the loot but he can't be killed.
I'M so glad it's not just me then! seems to be a problem across the board. I had the same thing with that dead guy who just won't die. I really wanted that cat gear too. He has my feline boots and who knows what else I need to complete my armour. Extremely annoying!
Deedlet: I've had many of the same issues. For this specific one I got through it by telling the captain to wait before getting on the ship after giving him my money. So after I gave him the money i said "i need more time". Then talked to him again and after that I was able to beat the pirates.

salbelau: ***
I'M so glad it's not just me then! seems to be a problem across the board. I had the same thing with that dead guy who just won't die. I really wanted that cat gear too. He has my feline boots and who knows what else I need to complete my armour. Extremely annoying!
omg I think i may have found a fix! Try this!
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/61550-BUG-Please-fix-1-hp-enemies-as-soon-as-possible
salbelau: #7: The Nobleman Statuette - can't talk to Triss cos I sent her on her way with the other mages, so this quest refuses to fail for me.... or is there another way to get to Triss so I can ask her??
Not a bug. You will be able to ask Triss about it later in the game. Same goes for the Soldier Statuette quest if you stumble upon it.
salbelau: #7: The Nobleman Statuette - can't talk to Triss cos I sent her on her way with the other mages, so this quest refuses to fail for me.... or is there another way to get to Triss so I can ask her??
garrus74: Not a bug. You will be able to ask Triss about it later in the game. Same goes for the Soldier Statuette quest if you stumble upon it.
Thank you garrus74, glad to hear it.
salbelau: ***
Deedlet: omg I think i may have found a fix! Try this!
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/61550-BUG-Please-fix-1-hp-enemies-as-soon-as-possible
I tried your link Deedlet. I didn't realise there were other downloads until then. But I installed it and nothing changed :~(
I did notice that my graphics had changed though - it was worse. Not sure what happened there. Could've had something to do with my graphics card. I updated it but it still is very jumpy when moving around the screen.

Also on a good note (I think?), GOG just updated the game & now I can actually go in and fight these buggers who insist on standing still and not dying. Only trouble now is that even though they're very much alive and trying to kill me, but anything they do to me won't touch my life bar, and I can't kill them !! They were frozen previously for example on 12 bars left of their life, now they're stuck on 12 and won't die. Damn!! They did fix other bugs too which I'm very excited about.
Post edited December 15, 2015 by salbelau