It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So i've been messing about with my EVGA GTX 580 1.5GB SC @ 830Mhz i've ran the game stripped down with everything off or at the lowest 45-60FPS @1080p and with Ultra and eveything think one @1080p it was 18FPS.

I've tried lower screen res but it looks so bad i can't stand it, any way Hair works is worth about 8-10 FPS alone so i'm keeping that off, If i turn all post processing off except bloom(low preset) and keep hair works off I get a steady 30 FPS with everthing else on Ultra and its smooth.

I can't really say I notice much change between ultra and low setting apart from the FPS drop, also i'm not usign the new driver from Nividia.

Rest of rig is pretty basic too as its 4 years old i5 2500k @4.7 Ghz 8GB DDR3 @1600Mhz and my games on my 1TB HDD. So I'm going to hold off getting that 980 for a little while longer now I guess.
This is encouraging thanks.

I have a GTX460M with 1.5gb vram and 8gb system ram.
I'm at work until tonight so am keen to know if it'll be unplayable or not on my laptop. It handles all other games over the last 4 years extremely well, but I'm worried this may kill it.
Well with a few tweaks i've got almost every setting on high and 40-45 FPS ;) just need to look at what boosts what on your own rig.
I upgraded from a GTX 580 recently to a 970. Overclocked it's pretty much stock 980 speed and it offers a huge lift in quality over the 580 for demanding games. The 970 is also much quieter and cooler. I don't get that noticeable fan speedup woooshing I used to get with the 580.

That said, the 580 is/was a very capable card and the last non-gimped for computational purposes. Definitely recommend the 970 though :) It's nice not having to worry too much about tweaking every last setting, plus it gave me a lot of headroom to make the Witcher 2 look *really* nice on my last play through.

In a few years when it's time to upgrade again, we should be well past titan x performance for the x70 line.
Millian: I upgraded from a GTX 580 recently to a 970. Overclocked it's pretty much stock 980 speed and it offers a huge lift in quality over the 580 for demanding games. The 970 is also much quieter and cooler. I don't get that noticeable fan speedup woooshing I used to get with the 580.

That said, the 580 is/was a very capable card and the last non-gimped for computational purposes. Definitely recommend the 970 though :) It's nice not having to worry too much about tweaking every last setting, plus it gave me a lot of headroom to make the Witcher 2 look *really* nice on my last play through.

In a few years when it's time to upgrade again, we should be well past titan x performance for the x70 line.
I did plan to get a 980 if i couldn't get smooth 30+ FPS but the old beast it still kicking ;), Tinkering with the setting some more should yeild another 5-10 FPS i've just had some nice 50-60 FPS in some area's seams trees + sunlight is what drops FPS lol

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=445486755 Can't get Galaxy to take screen caps yet for what ever reason so added the game to steam these setting were getting between 40-60 FPS depending on environment and lighting but even with frame rate jumps i've had no stuttering.

Trial and error mostly just tweaking setting to get higher I might try with Vsync off and Depth of Field off and see how it looks then.
this is encouraging since I also have a gtx 580. I like this a lot more then in other topics where I am told that the game probably wouldn't be playable at all with this card...(I found that pretty unbelievable but still...)
xxxIndyxxx: this is encouraging since I also have a gtx 580. I like this a lot more then in other topics where I am told that the game probably wouldn't be playable at all with this card...(I found that pretty unbelievable but still...)
I'm going to capture some video with either bandicam or OBS i'll link that in and make sure I show my ingame settings for follow potato users ;)
xxxIndyxxx: this is encouraging since I also have a gtx 580. I like this a lot more then in other topics where I am told that the game probably wouldn't be playable at all with this card...(I found that pretty unbelievable but still...)
VikingDream: I'm going to capture some video with either bandicam or OBS i'll link that in and make sure I show my ingame settings for follow potato users ;)
I wouldn't call my rig a potato even if the 580 is considered old. The millenium falcon is also considered old. I haven't run into any game it couldn't run decently at high settings and that's including the metro games, crysis 3,...
I'm running this on a gtx 460 with a smooth 30 fps and it looks about as good or better than the Witcher 2 on very high settings did. CDP was really overstating the system requirements (which, to be fair, is much better than the opposite situation you see all too often). Any remotely recent card should be able to play this with still very good visuals.