It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I was running at high setting @1920x1080 with 40-55FPS and happy with that, now in 1.04 I get 25-35 FPS I've lost 15-20 FPS with the same settings.

Not only that if i lower the settings to medium or Low i'm stuck at 25-35 FPS what on earth did you guys do to my FPS >.<

Any one else suffer a FPS hit on this last update?
VikingDream: I was running at high setting @1920x1080 with 40-55FPS and happy with that, now in 1.04 I get 25-35 FPS I've lost 15-20 FPS with the same settings.

Not only that if i lower the settings to medium or Low i'm stuck at 25-35 FPS what on earth did you guys do to my FPS >.<

I think I gained some fps, but only 4-6 or so. Def didn't lose any.

i5 and GTX 980 here
Well here we go again support for 9xx cards while butching perfermance on older GPUs ... like the Nvidia ready for game driver that messed up kepler cards... now they picking on Fremi card with game updates...can't have fermi cards runnign the game on high settings with 40-55 FPS makes the kepler and maxwells look bad ....yeah i'm synical ;)
VikingDream: I was running at high setting @1920x1080 with 40-55FPS and happy with that, now in 1.04 I get 25-35 FPS I've lost 15-20 FPS with the same settings.

I seemed to have both gain some fps and loose some with my i5+GTX970(Ultra setting, Hairworks off and foliage distance high). Before, first release build and 1.03, the game runs around 40-60. Now, it constantly runs between 50-60. A good gain.

I seemed to suffer a lot of fps hit during night time. The game now runs around 35-40 fps at night time.
Now this is idiotic. Improvements now it seems to focus on high-end cards while nerfing older ones? Sure, alienate more gamers, you can "get more" people to buy your games if you do that.
Even using Low settings and dropping down to 1280x720 res i'm stuck at 30-35 FPS why is this when i had 40-55 at high settings with the 1.03 patch @ 1920x1080?

Some thing is very broken in 1.04 shame I can't just roll back the patch as easily as I can my drivers on my GPU this well be my 3rd instal of the game now as 1.03 broke some textures and I had to fix Geralts green teeth by doing a fresh instal and patching to 1.03 again.

At least this time I have just the stand alone version that launches without Galaxy so it wont spaz and try to download the whole game again when i have the install files on my PC.
Strange that this has lowered FPS for some. I am running on a GTX 760 (i5 4670 CPU) and I certainly gained a few FPS since installing the 1.04 patch.
I went to a few key areas where I used to get slowdown (such as in the Barons quarters) to 27 FPS, now it holds a steady locked 30 FPS at the same settings.

Overall my frame rate is smoother (and I have put in several hours on this new patch).

I also wonder if this game has some weird video card memory leak? I have found that when I do get slowdown, if I fiddle with the texture quality and change back to my original setting, the frames jump back up to 30 FPS!

I should also note that I did clean installs of the previous 3 Nvidia drivers, no difference in performance whatsoever. So much for game ready optimization...!
Post edited May 26, 2015 by davevh
Performance didn't change much for. Textures looks better and there's less stuttering.
I even have Beard Pop in now on Geralt it'scrazy lol, i'm still stuck at around 30 FPS now from what was 40-55 with the same settings. The Game ran like butter for me before now it's just a tad choppy >.<

If i want to even get close to 60 FPS now and before I could get 50-60 with just a few settings on medium and the rest on high... must be the new textures or how it's loadign them to try to reduce pop in but it's not working for me lol.

Give it few months game will be optimised maybe ;)
Post edited May 26, 2015 by VikingDream
I haven't noticed any drop in FPS with 1.04 yet, but I'm using a Radeon GD7850 with most settings on low to medium, although a few on high as well. Would be interesting for people to post their system and GPU specs to see if there is any correlation with the FPS drops and by how much. I normally only get 20-30FPS with my setup so a 10-20 drop in FPS would make the game unplayable to me without lowering GPU settings. It's possible that a specific setting is resulting in the FPS drop for some and I might not have it enabled to start with though too.

What system/GPU is everyone using and are you experiencing a drop in FPS? Does disabling any particular setting or lowering it seem to bring the framerate back?

AMD FX8350
32GB 1866MHz
Radeon HD7850 2GB

Hope this helps.
VikingDream: I even have Beard Pop in now on Geralt it'scrazy lol, i'm still stuck at around 30 FPS now from what was 40-55 with the same settings. The Game ran like butter for me before now it's just a tad choppy >.<

If i want to even get close to 60 FPS now and before I could get 50-60 with just a few settings on medium and the rest on high... must be the new textures or how it's loadign them to try to reduce pop in but it's not working for me lol.

Give it few months game will be optimised maybe ;)
Beard pop-in was always there :/

As was armour and entire people pop-in.
So far in 1.02 I ran High settings (mostly) with good fps reaching 60 regularly, in .03 I lost 5-10fps and barely hit 60 on all medium settings, .04 crash to desktop with no errors.

Don't get me wrong apart from the annoying crash the game is totally playable I would just rather have the performance I was getting in the beginning and not the current gen console experience.

i5 4670k @4.2Ghz
8Gb 1600mhz RAM
R9 280x (MSI)
Win 8.1
Driver: 15.4 beta
Well so far i've had

1.03 Build, 40-55 FPS on high settings or i can get locked 60 FPS on low/medium settings at 1920x1080

1.04, 25-35 FPS on high settings or i can get 60 FPS at all low and 1280x720

My rig is

i5 2500k @ 4.7 Ghz
EVGA GTX 580 SC 1.5GB at 830 Mhz
8 GB DDR 3 at 1333 MHZ might turn it back to 1600 and see if that is any better but normally 1333Mhz adds 1-3 FPS over 1600 Mhz

So i see no reason for futher optimising to cause a drop of 15-20 FPS on a rig that was fine before hand I don't really notice if the game looks any better in 1.04 vs 1.03. Game was running like butter and had 40-55 FPS on high so it's not hardware limitations.

If it is looking better in 1.04 maybe that's the hit i'm taking to FPS but as I can't even notice the improvments, so a 30-40% drop in frame rate isn't worth it and i'd like the old textures or an option to use them as I can't see any difference in the way it looks or runs.

Yes i could go back to 1.03 but i'd have to go to a day old save now and that's no fun >.<
Just installed 1.04 and the game seems better for me (2600k and 780). I'm playing mostly on ultra and get near 60fps. Hairworks is still a big FPS killer though, so I leave it off.

But setting pre-rendered frames to 1 in nvidia control panel (as some people suggested on other forums) helped more.

I'm not using the latest drivers either (because they suck). I'm using 350.12
Post edited May 26, 2015 by NasherUK