It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,

I have a very slow internet connection and it took me a long time to download the 50 Gb of 4.0.
The game works but I would like to download 4.01 but GOG tells me to redownload again 52 GB instead of the 3gb of the update.
How do I just get the update without redownloading the game again with each patch?
osastk: Hi,

I have a very slow internet connection and it took me a long time to download the 50 Gb of 4.0.
The game works but I would like to download 4.01 but GOG tells me to redownload again 52 GB instead of the 3gb of the update.
How do I just get the update without redownloading the game again with each patch?
If you use the offline installers instead of Galaxy, then in theory you only need to download the patch each time. However, there is a potential error with the patcher which fails on metadata.sore; it is unclear whether this has an impact on the patch.
Which one should I download (see attachment)
Attachments:
Post edited February 18, 2023 by osastk
osastk: Which one should I download (see attachment)
Unfortunately, it depends which version you're running today (4.00, 4.00hf1, 4.00hf2 or 4.01).
Any way to get notifications after they stop p-ing around with patches that need patches that need patches?

Come on folk's get it sorted then put, A patch out.

I'd rather you told me give it six months, than have you dribble out a monster download, that needs another monster download in the next week or two.

Cheers Bob.
Bob-NZ: Any way to get notifications after they stop p-ing around with patches that need patches that need patches?

I'd rather you told me give it six months, than have you dribble out a monster download, that needs another monster download in the next week or two.

Cheers Bob.
In that case, the best thing to do is to probably just check the download links every month or so and whenever there's a patch, google performance of the latest patch. Realistically, I think there's another 3 months or so before we get to intended performance levels (unless they give up first)
Same thing here.
I gave up as i need to download the game anew for every "hotfix".

I don't know how they manage to get worse and worse.
I actually find a way to download only what is necessary.
In Galaxy, you have to select manualy and download every patch.

Check the attachment.
Attachments:
witcher_1.jpg (102 Kb)
Bob-NZ: Any way to get notifications after they stop p-ing around with patches that need patches that need patches?

Cheers Bob.
pds41: In that case, the best thing to do is to probably just check the download links every month or so and whenever there's a patch, google performance of the latest patch. Realistically, I think there's another 3 months or so before we get to intended performance levels (unless they give up first)
I ended up going back to version 1.32.
And put in a lot of hours in Horizon Zero Dawn. Been so wrapped up in them I've only just now got back to this.

Thanks for your thoughts though.

Cheers Bob..